Have never been small in my life, don't know what it's like.

Options
So I'm new and trying this. I've heard great things about the app and website. I have never been skinny in my life and don't know what it is like for the other side. I want to be able to shop in any store and find something that looks good and fits. It's awful that there aren't more stores that cater to big girls that aren't for 50+ year olds. So anyway, hello!

Replies

• mtm77
    mtm77 Posts: 84
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck to ya!
  • KTinMD
    KTinMD Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you so much! I hope if I keep up in the message boards and community it'll give me motivation. Good luck to you too!
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to addme. I also have never been a small girl. My goal is to get healthy, not just lose weight.
  • ErnieM88
    ErnieM88 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've never been small either, smaller than I am now, certainly but not "small." Agree wholeheartedly about the shops! Feel free to add me :)
  • keigyarto
    keigyarto Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. I have "met" some really great people on this site and find motivation and support when I don't have it in myself. Even when I "fall off the wagon" and return, they welcome me back with open arms. I hope you have the same experience and cam reach your goals. :smile:
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Welcome!You'll love this!!!!I've been on here 3 weeks and down 16 lbs. Come'on and get healthy with all of us:)
    Linda:smile:
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Stay on this site and you'll know all too soon. Whats even better than shopping at regular stores, is the ability to find great clothes at THRIFT stores where there are usually smaller sizes. I got a pair of Guess jeans at the thrift store with the tags on for $2.00!
  • miss_september
    Options
    Welcome! I have never been small either, and this is the first time in my life I have been able to lose weight and keep it off....well, lose weight at all, but it is staying off too =-). Feel free to add me if you need more friends =-)
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I just started in Jan. This is a great site and for the first time ever I feel like I can achieve my goal and get healthy and lose weight. I'm so with you on the shopping thing. I'm looking forward to when I can just walk in and buy straight off the rack without even trying on.

Feel free to add me if you want.
  • ladynpink
    Options
    Welcome klumaro! To have a lot of friends and encourangement is the key! I just started my 90 day challenge myself. Please add me if you like. 70% is what you eat and only 30% exercise.

http://DreambodyByVi.com
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same exact boat! I've never, ever known what it feels like to be skinny, even when i was a wee tot. let's be pals! i just started this a few days ago and it's already going swimmingly :) good luck to you!
  • bandenna
    bandenna Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    welcome!! :} I've never been small either, and I probably never will be "small", but I just want to be heathy :smile: Feel free to add me as a friend. I like to get motivation and to give motivation. Ive only been here for about 10 days but I think you will really enjoy it. Good luck to you!! :flowerforyou:
  • KTinMD
    KTinMD Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow already I am feeling motivated... It's a shame I'm sitting in class, I would have gone out for a walk!! Thanks everyone, seriously! I'm going to give this my best shot. Keep me going!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    This website is a lifesaver. Keep with it and stay accountable and you'll get to your goal weight!! I went from a size 14/16 (187lbs) to now a 5/7(133lbs). Best of luck to you. I hope you get where you want to be!
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good luck, there are alot of people, who have lost from this site including me. The support you get is fantastic.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP feel free to add me if you would like. Have a great day :flowerforyou:

Good Luck to you and enjoy your self along the way
  • AylaBean
    AylaBean Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Good luck :) Feel free to add me!
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I've never been small either, but I'm ready to be! And about the shopping, YES! And it's always more expensive! You'll do great! Feel free to add!
  • wrecked_willow
    Options
    Good Luck! Add me if you want, I'm a great supporter!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Honey, trust me, the 50 year olds don't like those clothes either! Welcome! This is a good place to hang out!