Options
13»

Replies

• allegram
    allegram Posts: 117
    Options
    www.oatmealinmybowl.com/category/oatmeal-toppings/
    http://fyeahoatmeal.tumblr.com/
    there's another oatmeal blog I came across recently but I cant seem to find it. anyway, I hope that these give you some ideas!
  • KathieElisa
    Options
    In my house we eat oatmeal with almond slices & raisins :)
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free blackberry preserves, almond extract, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg, fresh fruit and dried fruit. Just use your imagination! There are endless things to add.
  • ckneasel
    ckneasel Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i use 1 packet of Stevia and a healthy dose of cinnamon...

not sure what your goal is here, but if you're trying to lose fat, i'd minimize the added sugar to the oatmeal...

make it with milk too vs water...
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Carrot Cake Oatmeal

To your plain oats add (to taste) shredded carrot, raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, brown sugar (if needed), you can add milk or butter.

That sounds amazing! I totally have to try this for weekend brunch!
  • JennATC
    JennATC Posts: 64
    Options
    I add an ounce of dried fruit to mine every day. I buy "fruit bits" which is a bunch of different fruits chopped up small.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    cocaine? LOL jussss kidding...

Egg Whites

I microwave my oatmeal, but stop it with :45 seconds left, add 1/2c egg whites, and continue cooking. Comes out yummy, and gives you more protein. :-D
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    Peanut butter !!!

Yep! Peanut butter is good for almost everything.
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bump =)
  • wjranch
    wjranch Posts: 152
    Options
    I make my own ........
    1/2 cup whole rolled oats (uncooked) < 1/2 cup fat free Activia Vanilla Yogurt < 1/2 berries (whatever you like)
    >>> mix first two together and top with berries... cover and leave in fridge overnight.... serve cold
    246 Cal, 17 Carb, 3 Fat, 7 Protein
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    cinammon and splenda
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I make mine with half unsweetened vanilla soy milk and half water. Adds vary..... fresh banana, blueberries, raspberries, cinnamon, peanut or almond butter, whey protein powder, just depends on what I am feeling at the moment. Oh, and I don't use those lousy packets of instant oatmeal....take the time to make old fashioned oats or steel cut.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many ideas, definitely going to write some of these down and experiment.
    Must find some cinnamon too.
    Thanks so much guys, some really amazing and tasty looking combinations here. :)
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Honey is perfect food. Maple syrup is fantastic for you! Sliced bananas are great, strawberries are as well, blueberries, raspberries, homemade granola with almonds are super. Raisins and dates. I add all these ingredients to my steel cut oats every morning, except this morning cause I had eggs.
    :wink:
  • llllnn
    llllnn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    apple sauce, vanilla extract, frozen berries (frozen wild blueberries from trader joe's turn your oatmeal purple)

those are just the most interesting things i've used in my oatmeal but usually it's half a banana, whatever berries we have, and walnuts :')
  • Jemmastorm
    Options
    puréed fruit instead of syrup. stewed apricots are good too. we use sultanas and manuka honey
  • garden2382
    Options
    I use organic liquid stevia.
  • simplebeauty
    simplebeauty Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I mix a greek yogurt and fruit into mine...whatever fresh fruit I have on hand...and cinnamon.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Peanut butter and bananas or chopped dates is my favorite. I also love it with protein powder, cocoa, honey, craisins & stevia, chopped apples and cinnamon, blueberries and a teeny splash of heavy cream, nutella and chopped pecans.. I could go on forever.. I love oatmeal!