Do you think it's bad...

Options
I was running late this morning and didn't have time to grab any lunch for work today, except for some left over veggies form last night. Is it bad that I've been snacking on Almonds ALLLL day? I feel like it's so much fat but I didn't really eat anything of substance for lunch either. I'm just still so hungry and can't stopo eating them!

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    One almond has 7 calories. How many have you eaten?
  • dnd858
    dnd858 Posts: 64
    Options
    Probably anywhere from 30-40 :noway:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Do the math 210 - 280 calories
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    So, here is the deal, granted you should not do this type of snacking everyday...you have to remember the heart benefits of almonds. They are actually really good for you.....but, like everything...it needs to be done in moderation. So, I would just count the calories...and deal with it...I think if you do this today, it really isn't a bad thing....it is better than other snacks you could have picked from.

One thing that I do is bag up snacky items for portion sizes....put them in zip lock baggies and then when you are running late, you can grab them and already know how many calories are in them.....so that way, when you "can't stop eating them"...you are forced to because the baggy is empty!! :smile:
  • Kanderson47
    Kanderson47 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have a chart for Weight Watchers points...and for 22 Almonds its 4 points...the lower the points the better.......sooo I don't think its too bad you eating that many almonds...........just do some exercise later.....:smile:
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    I think you are fine... remember... you HAVEN'T eaten a MEAL all day.
    Just don't go on a bender when you get home. :flowerforyou:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I have approx 30-35 almonds every day.

I take 20-25 to work with me, and the other 5-10 get snacked on with protein shakes or my snack of apple, cottage cheese and yogurt.

I'm also trying to do 40-30-30, and I'll add almonds to every meal to try and up the fat % for that meal.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Treat this experience kinda like when you go to a restaurant... you don't have what you would normally eat available but you try to make the best choices possible.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    There was this study done that I was reading about in one of last year's people magazines, that 100 people ate the exact same thing each day, with the exception of 50% of them adding 1/4 cup of almonds to their diet per day. The people who ate the almonds did not gain any weight even though they are more calories.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    If they aren't drenched in chocolate I think you will be Ok :wink: