Carbs

Options
I am finding it easy to stick to my daily calorie intake. I am struggling though with my carb intake. I LOVE my carbs. HELP!!!

Replies

• mel555
    Options
    I am finding it easy to stick to my daily calorie intake. I am struggling though with my carb intake. I LOVE my carbs. HELP!!!
  • conklinj64
    Options
    For starters, make sure you are trying to use 100% whole wheat bread, brown rice, etc. Beyond that, remember, we all got fat due mostly to poor eating habits. I love baked potatoes but my lifestle change concerning them has involved less frequency and smaller portions. I sugeest that, too. Try whole grain snacks like sun chips rather than traditional potato chips...lots of options! Good luck!
  • justmejen
    Options
    I know what you mean. I just did my intake for the day and was shocked at the amount of carbs in a bagel.........holy cow!!!
    Guess I won't be eating many of those any more. :sad:
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem! i try and stick to a low carb breakfast so that i can save the carbs for dinner so I can have pasta or a baked potato or something. Try not to have 3 carb snacks. i tend to just have one and the others are something else like cheese or fruit. I guess the other trick is to stick with smaller portions. if you're craving a baked potato then have one, just pick a smaller sized one and load up your plate with extra salad instead! Hope this helps!
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Just thought of another thing. I live abroad so I'm not sure if you can get them where you are but The laughing cow cheese dippers ( i think the ones in the US are called Gourmet Cheese and Baguettes) Only 60 Calories and 5g Carbs. ALways works for me when I'm having a savoury carb craving!