Hip Hop Abs or 10 Minute Trainer?

Options
My husband is doing the Insanity programme & after 3 weeks on it,the results he's had so far are encouraging.But I don't think i'm capable of doing Insanity yet. I've seen both the infomercial's for Hip Hop Abs & 10 Minute Trainer,but can't decide on which 1 to get,he said he'd buy me 1 :smile:
So would love to hear what people's opinion's/experiences are if they've tried either/both of these.

Replies

• Deanthedog
    Deanthedog Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    shes made me sound bad here :laugh: i dont think shes fat or needs to lose weight we have both started this journey and she isnt confidant enough to try my program ...and thats fair enough she would like one of the two listed above and im willing to buy her it
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I say Hip Hop Abs, but I've never tried either. Yet. :smile:
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    you can't lose with either, but 10 minute trainer will give you a better overall workout, I think. But, if you are inclined to do 10 minute trainer why not shoot for the stars and do P90X with your husband? That was one of the first beachbody things I did (& turbo fire) and I loved it! I understand wanting to start small, but I bet you can handle P90X.

I've done Hip Hop Abs, 10 minute trainer, P90X, Turbo Fire, & I'm doing Insanity.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    30DS by Jillian Michael's is a great way to start out and build up your stamina. Its $9 at walmart and all you need is some light weights. I lost 13inches from it
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30DS, I have 20 more days to go. But my son wants to get 10 minute trainer and I'm thinking of doing it with him. I mean it's only 10 mins right? I can *probably* handle anything for 10 mins, right? Right?!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I've never tried either but I think it is absolutely precious that you two are working together to lose weight :smile:
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    10 Minute Trainer!! I have it. I've tried it. I love it. :bigsmile:

You definitely get a full body workout. The workouts are challenging and you will sweat. Total Body I and II still kill me. The Abs workout is lethal, lol. I've used 10 Minute Trainer for over a year.

I usually stack two videos together for a quick 20 min workout. You can put three together and get an even more potent workout. Stacking two or three segments can get you a burn of anywhere between 200-350 calories depending on your weight, intensity, etc.
  • LoopyLaura68
    LoopyLaura68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the repies :smile:
    i'm pretty much a total beginner at workout,so this is why i'm not going for Insanity just yet & with P90x it looks like you need alot of extra equipment,which we haven't really got the room for.
    I've just been watching the informercial's for HHA & 10 Minute Trainer again,& was wondering how much of it do you need to uyse with the bands? as we don't have a door on our living room that i normally work out in,& in our room there is a day but it's not in line with the tv,& does not have a middle hinge,only 1 at the top & 1 at the bottom.a review i read the person who'd bought it wasn't very happy about this :huh:
  • CRVDiva
    CRVDiva Posts: 104
    Options
    That's funny, I didn't realize you were maried to Loopy Laura.

BTW - I've tried both DVDs and like them both. The only thing is, I don't have any rhythm so I didn't feel that I got a full workout from Hip Hop Abs.
    shes made me sound bad here :laugh: i dont think shes fat or needs to lose weight we have both started this journey and she isnt confidant enough to try my program ...and thats fair enough she would like one of the two listed above and im willing to buy her it
  • LoopyLaura68
    LoopyLaura68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    mine's more co-ordination.& looking through 10 minute trainer again to saw all the crunches,planks etc,which i'm not too good at the planks & push ups too.but the main thing worrying me is having to use a door for the band,which we dont have on our living room.so was thinking should i try HHA first & get 10 minute trainer afterwards? or would i be ready for insanity then? argh..decisions,decisions lol :huh: :laugh:
    i'm also doing crunches & the dreaded planks on the dvd i'm using at the moment & probably still will use,with push ups to look forward to later on! :grumble: lol
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have HHA and honey it's a great workout! I feel it in my whole body. If you are all in and get your form right you will definitely feel it! 30D Shred is another good one, IF you can do plyo type moves. I have chronic knee issues, so I shy away from plyo moves or create my own modified version of whatever is on screen for the same length of time. I've been eye-balling the 10 minute abs too but haven't taken the plunge yet. Right now I'm doing Chalean Extreme (just finished Burn Circuit) so I have some time. Good luck.
  • Deanthedog
    Deanthedog Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That's funny, I didn't realize you were maried to Loopy Laura.

BTW - I've tried both DVDs and like them both. The only thing is, I don't have any rhythm so I didn't feel that I got a full workout from Hip Hop Abs.

haha ye we got married last may
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have HHA and honey it's a great workout! I feel it in my whole body. If you are all in and get your form right you will definitely feel it! 30D Shred is another good one, IF you can do plyo type moves. I have chronic knee issues, so I shy away from plyo moves or create my own modified version of whatever is on screen for the same length of time. I've been eye-balling the 10 minute abs too but haven't taken the plunge yet. Right now I'm doing Chalean Extreme (just finished Burn Circuit) so I have some time. Good luck.
    I have done Ten Minute Trainer (TMT) then progressed to Chalean Extreme (CE)for more of a challenge...with this you can use bands - no weights or door hinges needed :) I tried HHA and after TMT and CE it didn't give me enough of a challenge. It would be a good starter or light day work out, but I think you will progess past it pretty quickly if you are sticking with it.

One other thing....don't shy away from Insanity...it is INSANE, but you can also modify along the way and then advance in the future.
    Good luck on your new lifestyle journey :)
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I like hip hop abs, I just started it a week ago. Never tried the other one. Another couple I like from beach body is p90x & Brazil butt lift.
  • Masterchef2000
    Masterchef2000 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Insanity is not that bad. I started out with it, haven't exercised in years when I tried. I couldn't do a whole lot of it but I just kept moving. That's the key. Do what you can with the video and when you can't do what they are, try doing pushups or more squats! Eventually you will be able to do more and more and you WILL lose! Just keep moving! :-)