First day on the road to being healthy in Phoenix

Options
Hi, Just got back from my first doctor's appointment in probably 10 years. Based on what I was told I'm going to try to make a commitment to be healthier, starting today. I've got quite a bit of weight to lose and I have high blood pressure :/ The food and fitness diary on here seems like a great tool. I work in a bakery and have a wicked sweet tooth so my biggest challenge will be staying motivated and on track.

Replies

• JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    MFP is great! Just decide in your mind that you are going to get healthy no matter what, and you will! Feel free to add me. :D
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My sweet tooth tries to do me in too! But I try to eat more fruit, a lot of sweet, less processed flour and such. It helps that I am Gluten free (not by choice) :explode: so I can't eat all the bakery items. Good luck and just keep trying.
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    You picked a good time in Phoenix to start as pool season starts...like yesterday. Thats motivation. ; )

It's a journey you are taking the first step s on. It will change your life if you let it. Good luck!