What do you do when you've been boozing it up for the weeken

Options
I am curious as to what people do after a weekend of partying? It is clear that the caloric intake from any booze, be it beer, wine, or liquor is insane. For the tea totallers, I agree that it is best to abstain. But my question is for the others, what do you do, if anything, after a weekend of completely blowing your intake out of proportion from partying?

I counted my calories from the drinking, then exercised extra to burn some off. Has any body else crossed this bridge? Do you have any strategies. And no, not every weekend will be like this for me either!

Replies

• Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    log it and move on! i try to fit it in to my calories count but if i don't i log it, recover and workout again! life happens.....good times should too:drinker:
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Now that the weather is getting nicer, it's just too much fun to have vodka and lemonade outside. So I'm terrible, and then I'm really good Monday-Friday. That's all I can do, or pray for rain.

I've never gained weight from drinking alcohol, my problem is that I'm so hungry the next day I make bad food choices, especially pizza.
  • thornghyll
    Options
    OMG you are human and can have fun!! You've already worked out and will continue so don't worry. I drink more water than usual, then go for really lean stuff for a while until I get my equilibrium back.....not glamorous but it works. :drinker:
  • foxytrotter82
    foxytrotter82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    if I have a crazy weekend on the boozahol, I jump in on monday with a cleanse day, drink a ton of water and get by butt to the gym. Party hard = Work harder
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    If you are on a cut id stay away from the stuff except on rare occasions.
    the body will try to rid itself of alcohol before attending to any nutrients in the system.
    As a result, most nutrients get pushed into storage.

Moral of the story...

Eat a few fast carbs before you go out.
    Wait till later that night after the buzz has worn off before stuffing the face.
    Drink water in between.
  • kgilbert75
    kgilbert75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I generally have too many drinks on Saturday. On Sunday I get to the gym first thing and then eat within my calories the rest of the day. I usually don't even count the calories on Saturday as I know that they are way too high and I tend to snack while I'm drinking.
  • MustangCindy67
    MustangCindy67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    some say to cut as much sugar as you can for 2 days after a big booze....and hydrate beaucoup...... continue to feed your body and get back on track.... we all need fun times and unless you are an alcoholic then boozing it up now and then is fine..... :)
    hope the overhang wasnt too bad...lol.....
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If a diet doesn't allow you to eat and drink the things you love it won't work. You'll get tired and quit so enjoy it, count it and move on.
  • ashley67203
    Options
    I try to make a bigger calorie deficit a few days during the next week to make up for it. Ex: If I drink 500 too many calories on Saturday night I'll eat 250 less than my daily allotment on Monday and Wednesday to get me back to my recommended weekly deficit. Doubt this strategy is recommended but that's what I do as a deterrent to keep me from drinking.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    If a diet doesn't allow you to eat and drink the things you love it won't work. You'll get tired and quit so enjoy it, count it and move on.

Thank you friend :smile:
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    alcohol stops your body from burning fat. I do not partake. Only on special occasions bout every 6 or so months.
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    the body will try to rid itself of alcohol before attending to any nutrients in the system.

Moral of the story...

Wait till later that night after the buzz has worn off before stuffing the face.
    Drink water in between.

Alcohol is just another macronutrient.

It's still calories in vs. calories out. Alcohol isn't a magic fat storage increaser if you don't go over your calories.
  • daddiod
    daddiod Posts: 37
    Options
    I just log it and keep on going. I have tried to cut down but we do go out most friday nights for some drink and food.
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Once I had Jack Daniels for dinner. J/K I just try to stay in my calorie range, drink lots of water the day after and get a good workout in.
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    I switched from pre mixed drinks to having my spirits with soda water. Bugger all cals in comparison to pre-mixed cans. And yeah, I usually do a bit more physically on the weekend to make up for it.
  • PattyfromToledo
    PattyfromToledo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I say party on garth! then get back on that horse and move on.
  • jlebert716
    jlebert716 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    When ever I drink a lot I just dance off those cals! I figure it evens itself out and a girl has to have a good time every now and then!
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I call in sick :tongue:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options

Moral of the story...

Drink water in between.

Alcohol is just another macronutrient.

It's still calories in vs. calories out. Alcohol isn't a magic fat storage increaser if you don't go over your calories.

Actually your body treats it as a toxin.
    You clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

Moderation is fine but again if you are cutting fat...avoid this stuff.

Macronutrient...lol

tumblr_ld5lxhcCa51qbnw08.gif

Heres a quick blurb from a book by tom Vanuto.
    Just a quick blurb thats all.....

Alcohol suppresses the body's ability to burn body fat

The body has no storage capacity for alcohol like it does for carbohydrates and fats. Since alcohol must be detoxified as quickly as possible, the oxidation of the alcohol takes top priority over the oxidation of other macronutrients. In other words, while the liver is busy metabolizing alcohol, the utilization of fats, carbohydrates, and protein has to be temporarily suppressed. The burning of fats is suppressed the most, because it’s positioned at the bottom of the oxidative hierarchy. Lyle McDonald, author of “The Ketogenic Diet” says, “The consumption of alcohol will almost completely impair the body’s use of fat for fuel.” In the book “Power Eating,” dietician Susan Kleiner writes, “Alcohol puts fat metabolism on hold. It’s not your friend if you’re trying to stay lean.”

http://fitren.com