SENIOR CITIZENS, WHERE ARE U?

Options
I NEED TO HEAR FROM MORE PEOPLE MY AGE. I FEEL LIKE I AM THE ONLY ONE MY AGE STILL FIGHTING THE WEIGHT. MAYBE THEY HAVE ALL GIVEN UP OR SETTLED IN. IS IT TOO LATE FOR ME?

Replies

• lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I NEED TO HEAR FROM MORE PEOPLE MY AGE. I FEEL LIKE I AM THE ONLY ONE MY AGE STILL FIGHTING THE WEIGHT. MAYBE THEY HAVE ALL GIVEN UP OR SETTLED IN. IS IT TOO LATE FOR ME?
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Not too late for you at all. You are a wonderful memeber of this community. Glad you are here.
    :wink:
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I doubt you are all alone.
    How old R U? I turned 50 in 2007 and the AARP is after me so I must be old
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I am 63 and so far the oldest memeber I have seen. Thanks for the support. Have a good day!
  • poppychop
    Options
    If it makes you feel better you are not the oldest. Welcome and good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • mingie
    Options
    I'm not far behind you born in 1949 February. BUT I'm still in there:drinker: You AL CAN TELL ME HAPPY B-DAY!!! it's Friday the 8th:flowerforyou: 59 and still to young
  • memeburke
    Options
    Hi,
    Your not alone, I will be 61 in April. I'm always here but on the shy side to talk. Now that I think about it , it's probably because I thought I was the oldest and don't have the experience the younger ones have.
    Good luck, Shirley
  • bluefootballdiva
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 53 and although I try not to think of myself as a senior I'm heading that way actually we all are!
    I'm having a hard time staying 1200 calories a day and no thats my problem.
    The weight is very slow to come off and fast to go on.
    I am going to give it a try though. I've done WW before but can't seem to find a place for it in my budget so I'm depending on all of you for support.
    Welcome and remember you are only as old as you feel!!!
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am a proud member of the over 50 club!!

Dont let anyone tell you that you cant lose the weight. It may take longer than it used to, but it does come off. I am one pound away from my original goal of 30 set back in September. I have since changed it to 35 - should be there by Mid March. I cant tell you how much better I feel. No more backaches, way more engergy and just an overall happier outlook on life!!

Let's all do this...:drinker:
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am 65, and I was wondering the same thing myself. My thought is that at 70 we begin dying, by 85 most of us will have passed. I do have to wonder if it is time to give up. WHat do you think?