funny ways we keep ourselves on track

I don't know about anyone else but over the years I've developed some odd, quirky ways to encourage healthy eating. Do you have things you do that are odd?

Here are a few of mine "food quirks":

I have to cut apples into wedges (I have a super Pampered Chef Apple Wedger), I can't just bite into an apple (same for pears)

If i'm having carrots and hummus, I HAVE to have baby carrots (versus carrot sticks)

I add a small amount of dressing to a salad and then shake it up to evenly coat the entire salad.

Cinnamon makes almost anything yummy and has hardly any calories

I like my iced coffee black, but my hot coffee with soy milk or coconut milk creamer

I buy nuts in the shell so I can unshell them.... I love to play with my food, takes longer to eat so you have time to feel satisfied.

bento box lunches make even the much mundane lunch fun to eat:D (way cooler than take out)

It takes me forever to eat oranges b/c I have to get every little piece of pith (white stuff) off each section.

I'm sure I can think of more, but I'll stop there for now:D

Replies

• I love this! Having pre-made, easy-to-access snacks is totally the way to go. Thanks for sharing!

I pre-cook major staples and then measure and store them in the fridge for easy access and fast lunch/dinner options.

- 4 oz. cooked shredded chicken (makes for fast and easy tacos/burritos etc.)
    - 1/4 cup brown rice (cooked up and in a container to add with any dinner)
    - single serve tuna packets
    - whole wheat tortillas

For snacks:
    - avocados (good fat, very satisfying)
    - 1 tblsp organic peanut butter (any-time snack in the fridge)
    - string cheese
    - raw almonds (good fat, very satisfying)
    - 4 oz. greek yogurt