35kgs down (77pounds) but still not happy?

Options
So im 1 kilo away from goal weight, my before and after pictures are looking great and everyone i know notices a difference but i dont feel happy with myself, i thought buying size 10s would make me happy but it really doesnt, whats wrong with me? i feel so selfish to say im not happy when i know its a big acheivement but i feel like im expecting something different! :(

Replies

• lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I think you need to figure out what you were expecting. A lot of happiness is in your mindset. What is your goal - pounds, a certain size, or to be the healthiest you can be? What do you really want? Is it realistic? Is the problem that in your mind you're still the size you were before? Were you expecting weight loss to be a magic panacea that made your entire life change? Lots of things change when we lose weight, but we're ultimately the same people we were before. You should be proud of everything you've accomplished, and figure out what you truly want.
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I know, I'm the same, I am smaller but I still hate my body! people say look back on your before pix (which I do) but it doesn't change how I feel...YES I am happier as I'm not as depressed as I was (thats a whole other forum) BUT I guess we are never satisfied....:o) Well done to you Em...xxx
  • anewme99
    anewme99 Posts: 17
    Options
    you need to look deeper-obviously the extra weight was not the source of your unhappiness. Also could it be that the weight is correct and you just need to reshape what is left. I have lost just 40 lbs (10 pounds from my goal), and I agree it is not as fulfilling as I expected. It is mainly because I still have a bunch of toning and tightening to do.

dig deep and be honest with yourself-what is really missing from your life.. Keep up the good healthy habits-keep the weight off and figure out what you really need to be happy!
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I still have 7 or so kilos to loose its being a extra slow journey for me and Im still heavier then I have being except when pregnant. Though Im happiest with myself then I have ever being.. Its not so much what you see int he mirror but how....

You have done an amazing job and what you have learnt along the way and also in such a short period of time you should be very proud of yourself.. Remember the journey isnt over...

There is no recipe for HAPPINESS.... but laughter is a good ingredient...
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    All i can say is Well Done Em! you have done so well!! :)

i can't say... "well, you should be happy!" because i think happiness comes from somewhere else

Confidence, contentment, being happy in your own skin are maybe a few

They say money can't buy you happiness, maybe there should be a new saying that kilos lost can't buy you happiness too!

I hope you feel better soon, i think its mainly a confidence thing, i'm sure your man is loving the new you and hopefully so will you! :D xxx
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    i guess i expect myself to look like i did before 2 babies,
    im lucky i guess, very little stretch marks, and have seemed to tone the baby belly as best i can,
    i have alot to be thankful for, im just thinking i want to portray a perfect image of myself, which i know i shouldnt cause theres no "perfect"
    i eat healthy, i excercise and ive lost weight, i look good and for now i know i can probably do a little better
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    :/ I'm sorry you feel that way!! But I want you to now that I LOVE seeing your food ndiary every day. And of course I think your transfor,action pics are amazing too. Is there something in particular you're unhappy with? Is it your looks, or your life? I know that's a big deep question, but really! Maybe there are things (outside of MFP's scope) that you need to work on or change. Or maybe you just need a new plan!

Sometimes reaching a goal and achieving so much has a bittersweet side - like, what's there to work for now?

Whatever it is, I still think you're awesome and hope the best for you <3
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    :/ I'm sorry you feel that way!! But I want you to now that I LOVE seeing your food ndiary every day. And of course I think your transfor,action pics are amazing too. Is there something in particular you're unhappy with? Is it your looks, or your life? I know that's a big deep question, but really! Maybe there are things (outside of MFP's scope) that you need to work on or change. Or maybe you just need a new plan!

Sometimes reaching a goal and achieving so much has a bittersweet side - like, what's there to work for now?

Whatever it is, I still think you're awesome and hope the best for you <3

i can answer that pretty easily,
    i loved my 16yo body! long **** eh, im 22 in october, 2 children later and i dont look the way i used to (for obvious reasons of course)
    i get it, we get older and change, but not to sound full of myself but at 16 a was extremley fit! 48kgs, did sports everyday and was really happy with my body, i didnt try to get that body it was just the way it was
    im very happy with life right now, i guess its a mental barrier that the body im worried about is nothing really, i have two beautiful healthy children to be thankful for, i brought them into this world and the marks i have arent hardly as bad as what ive seen, even with people who havent had babies
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    How old is your youngest child?

Remembering it can take two years to balance out. Give yourself time. You still have a young metobilism... mine is nearly 40 LOL!