Recommendations on a slow cooker?

Options
MelissaL582
MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
Wasn't sure where to post this.

Anyhow, I'm in the market for a slow cooker. Does anyone have this particular one model (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-Stay-or-Go-6-Quart-Slow-Cooker/16913519)? If you don't, any recommendations? I'm planning on making barbeque pulled pork sandwiches for my son's birthday party later this month and the roaster I have is way too big for keeping the meat warm and such.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• jennyjo79
    jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the slow cooker my Hubby bought me (and I've had my fair share of slow cookers)! I would highly recommend the Hamilton Beach 6 qt travel slow cooker. It's awesome if you're making something to take elsewhere, because it has a latch and seals tight to make for easy travel. It's also very true to temp settings (I've had some that cook very high, even on a low setting ... this one does not and is very accurate), which is a huge plus in my book. I make crock-pot/slow cooker meals AT LEAST once a week, usually more and I've already had this one for a few years and if it ever 'goes' I'd run out and buy another one just like it. :)
  • jennyjo79
    jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ahh ... just copied & looked at your link. That's the one (except mine is 'old(er) skool),' so it's white on the outside, rather than stainless steel.

Definitely a good choice! I don't think you'll be sorry.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I got a Rival Crock-Pot for my wedding and it has served me well thus far.

It's similar to this one
    http://www.crock-pot.com/Product.aspx?cid=113&pid=8860

It's considered programmable, I guess, as it has settings for 4, 6, 8, and 10 hours.the nicest feature in my opinion is the "keep warm" setting. When the cooking time you set has passed, it will automatically switch to "warm" for you, or you can choose to set it to warm on your own.
  • epursey
    epursey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they all have the removable inner pot now but I would definitively go for one that does. I have both kinds right now and I dread having to clean the one that does not have a removable crock.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Removable crock for easy cleaning; clamps for transport that on the base, not on the lid for easier cleaning. No need for programmable, unless you plan on leaving uncooked food on your countertop for hours prior to cooking it. :sick:
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies!