I'm ready to give up.

Options

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    You are halfway to June and halfway to your goal. I'm not seeing the problem.

X2
  • CallMeShannon
    Options
    Dedication+motivation+time=results

You'll see results eventually...maybe not as soon as you'd like, but results none-the-less.

Don't give up! :3
  • JohnSusko
    Options
    Hire a trainer and stop taking advice from amateurs - they don't know you and are mostly guessing.
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You are halfway to June and halfway to your goal. I'm not seeing the problem.

X2

x3

Most people would love to be in your position. Your are losing at a great rate. Stay positive.
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    If thats you in the profile pic, you already look good. So no worries
  • CrazyFly7
    CrazyFly7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I hit a plateau before I went onto this website and I know that it can be so frustrating/discouraging and you just want to give up. But, I went onto this website received some support, fabulous advice, great tips and got myself excited again. I think that sometimes its the small things, look at your diet/exercise and general lifestyle is there anything you could add onto to jazz things up or to eliminate to reduce calories or sodium/sugar, etc. Definitely add some people from here to guide you, but lastly, don't give up on yourself because you came onto this website for a reason, probably a major reason that we all did, to create a positive lifestyle change. You're doing this for you. You can do it!
  • aliciamarieUF
    aliciamarieUF Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose anything the entire month of March.
  • aliciamarieUF
    Options
    Thanks for the help though, everyone. I was literally sitting on my bed crying because I'm tired of being chunky and just don't know what to do anymore. I see some people losing 2 pounds a week and it's frustrating because I'm not losing weight that quickly. It's a celebration if I lose 1 pound a week.

After I posted I got frustrated and went to the gym and tried some weights and leg presses. I didn't know what I was doing, but I tried anyway.
  • aliciamarieUF
    Options
    If thats you in the profile pic, you already look good. So no worries

Thanks, but that was me at about 140 pounds. I'm currently 154. If I could make it down to 130 I would be so happy.
  • aliciamarieUF
    Options
    I've always just dome cardio. I honestly don't even know what to do i the weight room. All the machines confuse me.

Start with free weights if the machines are scary to you! There are lots of exercises you can do in the privacy of your own home too if you get some 5 lb. or 10 lb. free weights. Target has them for pretty cheap. If you belong to a gym -- ask for a tour of the equipment! Don't be shy! They do this for people all the time and it's a great way to loosen up and feel comfortable with something new (and learn how to do it the right way). They are totally happy to walk you through and show you all about it.

If you're really interested in mixing it up - google these exercises and incorporate them into your new routine:

1. walking lunges (try it with 5 lb. weights)
    2. squats
    3. bicep curls (try it with 5 lb. weight to start)
    4. deadlifts
    5. leg curls
    5. bench press

For more instant gratification. . .
    Check out this total workout plan (with instructional links on the exercises!)
    www.gymjunkies.com/beginners-workout-plan/

Also this is good for a beginner woman for arms/upper body (with pictures):
    www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/arms/exercises/tone-your-arms-in-3-moves/

Good luck!

-MimosaMay

Thanks a lot. :)
  • dalmiechick45
    dalmiechick45 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Well I noticed that maybe I wasn't eating enough so I upped my calorie intake and instead of doing an hour on the elliptical I do half an hour on that, 20 minutes on the bike, and 20 minutes of rowing for my arms and back. NOTHING IS WORKING. I'm doomed to stay fat and flabby. I really wanted to lose this weight before June 1st which is when I move to Italy to live with my husband. I wanted him to have a new me, but this just isn't working. I'm tired of putting in so much work when I'm not getting anything out of it.
  • dalmiechick45
    dalmiechick45 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Great job on 13lbs! Betting you alrady feel better and look great too! No need for a whole new you, betting your hubby just misses YOU! PS- Italy, how wonderful! I would move tomorrow if given the chance to go, you've got plenty of time to lose another 10-13 lbs ;)

Where in Italy, focus on your wonderful things!!!!!!!!!! Don;t give up! Also, note, once you move to Italy, you;re going to lose more weight... walking everywhere and eating fresh foods from market, is much better for you than our processed mania here in the States :)
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I think you know not to quit, and that you are making progress. I think you are frustrated by the difference between your real, actual progress compared to an idea of what your progress "should" be. I get that. Many of us wish we could lose faster/be stronger/etc.

I feel sad reading your posts in this thread because your struggles appear to go deeper than your weight loss. It sounds like your happiness is tied very directly to your outward appearance. I know that's common, especially for women. But it still bums me out. It doesn't have to be that way.

You are young, beautiful, and getting ready to move to Italy to live with your husband. That doesn't sound too miserable. You say you wanted him to have a new you, but he married the "old" you, right? Your profile says you are 21. You have time. Won't you continue eating healthy and exercising in Italy? How long has it been since your husband has seen you? Isn't 13 pounds a significant change? If you are exercising regularly, and getting stronger, you will look and feel different to an intimate partner. Your body changes even when you aren't losing weight.

You could try lifting. There a lots of resources for beginning weightlifters, some really good programs out there. Or change up your cardio routine. You won't be happy if you are only focused on a number the scale reports. It's just one measurement.

Also, try to actually give up on the "I give up" posts/statements/mind set. It doesn't do any good, doesn't solve any problem, and risks causing you to miss out on some solid advice from people that may be weary of the "I give up" attitude. It's fine to ask for help. Everyone struggles. Just keep moving forward. Threatening to give up can send the message that you are past trying, past hearing any advice. I don't think that's where you are, but "I'm ready to give up" can sound that way.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I've reached a second plateau. I wanted to lose 27 pounds from January 2012, to June 2012 and I've only lost 13. I don't know what else to do. I'm doing everything correctly and am not seeing even a small result.

I see virtually no logging for the whole month of March. Only the past few days are filled in. I don't know how this counts as doing everything correctly.
  • aliciamarieUF
    Options
    I've reached a second plateau. I wanted to lose 27 pounds from January 2012, to June 2012 and I've only lost 13. I don't know what else to do. I'm doing everything correctly and am not seeing even a small result.

I see virtually no logging for the whole month of March. Only the past few days are filled in. I don't know how this counts as doing everything correctly.

I was dieting without using this website. Decided to start up on it after being stuck at the same spot for a whole month.
  • aliciamarieUF
    Options
    I think you know not to quit, and that you are making progress. I think you are frustrated by the difference between your real, actual progress compared to an idea of what your progress "should" be. I get that. Many of us wish we could lose faster/be stronger/etc.

I feel sad reading your posts in this thread because your struggles appear to go deeper than your weight loss. It sounds like your happiness is tied very directly to your outward appearance. I know that's common, especially for women. But it still bums me out. It doesn't have to be that way.

You are young, beautiful, and getting ready to move to Italy to live with your husband. That doesn't sound too miserable. You say you wanted him to have a new you, but he married the "old" you, right? Your profile says you are 21. You have time. Won't you continue eating healthy and exercising in Italy? How long has it been since your husband has seen you? Isn't 13 pounds a significant change? If you are exercising regularly, and getting stronger, you will look and feel different to an intimate partner. Your body changes even when you aren't losing weight.

You could try lifting. There a lots of resources for beginning weightlifters, some really good programs out there. Or change up your cardio routine. You won't be happy if you are only focused on a number the scale reports. It's just one measurement.

Also, try to actually give up on the "I give up" posts/statements/mind set. It doesn't do any good, doesn't solve any problem, and risks causing you to miss out on some solid advice from people that may be weary of the "I give up" attitude. It's fine to ask for help. Everyone struggles. Just keep moving forward. Threatening to give up can send the message that you are past trying, past hearing any advice. I don't think that's where you are, but "I'm ready to give up" can sound that way.

Thanks for the post. I started lifting weights yesterday. Hopefully that will help push things.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

I was dieting without using this website. Decided to start up on it after being stuck at the same spot for a whole month.

Ah, ok, I see. Logging is very eye opening for most of us. I think you will start to get results now. Good luck to you! :)
  • lonirrt
    lonirrt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Giving up is never and option. Just keep plugging and making changes. Try going green for a few days. That will shake up your body. Take a look at a book that I love "the beauty detox solution" it has great ideas
  • ElHombre23
    ElHombre23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Try a bodyweight exercise routine the body reacts well when under the stress of its own weight using natural movements...as it tries to protect it self from injury so it will raise your metabolism on order to lessen the weight and load. If your diet is good don't change anything there..thats not the problem.