Who Cooks In Your House?

Options
2»

Replies

• jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My husband cooks 95% of our meals. Since I have started my weight loss program if I am going to have a salad for dinner he eats his meal before I arrive home from Zumba.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I can't cook with crap.. And I live alone. When I was a kid though my dad did most of the cooking.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I do ALL the cooking. And I keep no prepackaged, heat and serve, etc. food in the house, so if they (hubby and kids) don't like what I make TOO BAD. Luckily I'm a good cook :)
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I live with my 3 teenagers and my parents...<insert comment here>

My kids each plan and cook one night a week and my mom and I each do 2 nights a week. Sometimes we go out but not often. It's a good arrangement for everyone...I love teaching my kids how to cook, they will be on their own some day.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You might try cooking together when you can - get to know what each of you likes as far as spices and flavour combinations. It's good to hear that he liked the sausage meal! My fiancee and I will cook together on occasion (he's learning to cook from me), and it's been a good bonding experience and has helped us learn more about each others' tastes.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend hates most things healthy (except some fruit & the occasional salad or potatoes & carrots). I tried to add some more flavor to the healthy meals I cook without adding a ton of calories. If he doesn't like it then he can make his own food!! He's almost always eat the suppers I prepare if I make an effort to include his likes and dislikes. Or just pick out his dislikes LOL

Other than suppers he pretty much eats his own food. He loves prepackaged heat & serve type foods, which I'll occasionally eat for supper with him. He has his own section of the pantry & freezer for his granolla bars & lunches. Which is fine cuz we never eat lunch together, so it works.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I do. We have similar fitness goals, so it works out. I don't eat meat except for fish, but I do cook it for him. I'm awesome like that.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    My husband and I share a house with my uncle and his daughter.
    My husband and I cook 2 nights during the week and my uncle cooks 2 nights. The weekends usually are fend for yourself or take-out. My husband did most of the cooking on our nights, but I've been taking it over more to try out healthier recipes. The nights my uncle cooks are usually fattier dishes so I don't eat as much at dinner.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I cook dinner about twice a week (on my days off). The rest of the time we're on our own. Hubby is a manager at a fast food restaurant and gets free food. :grumble: So when I cook, I make it as full of veggies and nutrients as possible. Since we always work opposite shifts, we both just assume we're fending for ourselves. Cooked meals are planned days in advance so no one comes home with food for one. :laugh:
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I cook five nights a week, the wife has Sunday and on Saturday I grab a subway sandwich on my way home since I will be eating with the four legged kids only. You might look into enrolling into a cooking healthy class together.
    If he does not like what you cooked his loss {I think it is bad form he will not just gut it down}. I have made some terrible dishes and wifee tries it and then eats around it. I also when I have "too much" freeze it for a lunch or dinner down the road.
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I cook in my house! I love to cook, and this way I can see what is going into the meals. My family loves it, too, as they know they're bound to get a healthy meal if I make it for them. Double bonus!
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I do, I've done most of the cooking since I was 14.

Because I'm awesome and enjoy cooking :)