Hello from Vegas!

Options
koka824
koka824 Posts: 5 Member
Just thought I'd introduce myself as suggested. Im a married, full-time working mom of 2 baby girls. So I've got a full plate - no pun intended :) Originally from the chicago area but now in vegas. Im finally hoping to get my health back on track. Look forward to blogging with you all.

Replies

• mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    welcome! how do you like living there??
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd introduce myself as suggested. Im a married, full-time working mom of 2 baby girls. So I've got a full plate - no pun intended :) Originally from the chicago area but now in vegas. Im finally hoping to get my health back on track. Look forward to blogging with you all.

Hi Koka, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site. I do. This site is so motivational, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so great here. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Hi there and a warm welcome!
    Good luck with your weight loss programme!
  • koka824
    koka824 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well, living in Las Vegas is soooo much different than the midwest. I was a flight attendant for 4 years (2001 to 2005) before I was a mommy, so I've been exposed to many different places and cultures. NEVER thought I'd end up here in the desert! LOL. I must say, I love Vegas winters. A little chilly without the snow......and great weather to jog in! :flowerforyou:
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    Welcome. This site is a life saver.

I'm from Chicago too and lived in Vegas for 5 years. We moved back to the Chicagoland area 2 years ago.