Exercise Apps

Options
Dailymile I use manually to record walks to Facebook.

I was using Runkeeper to actually record my miles via GPS but the app makes me crazy. Super sensitive and doesn't work half of the time.

I tried Endomondo for the first time today and it cut out on just over half way through my walk!?

What walking and running apps are you using, preferably, Free ;).

Replies

• makeitbetter
    Options
    I like CardioTrainer by Noom Inc. I think it might be available for Android only. I tried RunKeeper and Endomondo, but I liked CardioTrainer better for tracking my running (treadmill and outdoor) and working out.
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    I prefer MapMyRun... excellent GPS and nice options. I had used JogTracker and RunKeeper and the GPS on them seemed to be touch and go. This one works more often than not.
  • MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Give Endomondo another try it's the only one I use now and I have used a dozen :(
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have Zombie, Run! on my droid and I LOVE IT... just cuz it makes things interesting...
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Give Endomondo another try it's the only one I use now and I have used a dozen :(
    I use it too. I just had to be careful not to touch the screen too much.
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I love CardioTrainer by Noom Inc.
    I tried the Edmondo one and it's a pain to get the settings I want it at.. MPH and such.
    Cardio trainer is very user friendly and has many options for exercises.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    i use Runtastic (Lite)- that's the free version. it's very good. i highly recommend it! also, there are other apps that are literally called- Butt Workout, Leg Workout, Arm Workout, Cardio Workout, and Abs Workout.. You can do anywhere from a 5-10 minute routine and if you put what you've got into it, they do torch the calories quite quickly! I am buying Zombies, Run! today. i've heard great things about it and i can't wait to train for the zombie apocalypse!!! :laugh:
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Runtastic is pretty decent
  • Lippis
    Lippis Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm a MapMyRUN fan as well. I think the app works nicely and the expanded website is a nice bonus too.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I have one that I just have for push ups (I think it's even called push ups). I've never been good at them, even when I was lifting at my heaviest. I started out being able to do...oh about 5 (and not even in a row). Yesterday I did 75 (not in a row, but still!).
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    i use an app called "daily ab workout" for abs that i use sometimes.. maybe once/week. they have all different apps for different parts (upper/lower body, etc.) but i haven't tried those. i do like this ab one, though.
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I love mapmyrun. Especially now that you can load your own and others routes onto it.

I have Zombies, run! but haven't actually tried it yet. It just looks fun! I'm just worried I'll be staring at my screen and trip over something as I run :)
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Accupedo - It only does walking or running but it is very accurate. I didn't like Endomondo.
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Endomondo! And the calorie count is almost dead on w/ my HRM!
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have myWOD for crossfit workouts. Gymboss for a tabata timer. iMapMyFitness for a running app. Love them all!
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have Zombie, Run! on my droid and I LOVE IT... just cuz it makes things interesting...

i downloaded this too but haven't tried it yet. Does it map your walk/run like the others do?

I've always used Endomondo and never seemed to have an issue with it. I'll have to give some of these others a shot though just to compare!!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Pedometer Ultimate GPS+ by Arawella and I sync it with RunKeeper... which then syncs with Fitocracy. This works like a charm.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I've been using Endomondo for a couple of weeks now, and haven't had any problems with it on my Android phone.
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Nike+, I use it to map my runs.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i have religiously lol used runkeeper since august 2010...i love it.....if things get messed up i just adjust them online....
    denise