Any recipes for Oatmeal?

Options
TitanGM
TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
I've been using oatmeal a lot lately, sometimes with milk, but mostly with egg whites as omlet. Doing the same stuff over and over for a long period just gets monotonous. Do you have any idea, or healthy recipes that you would suggest for Oatmeal?

Replies

• WinWinGo
    WinWinGo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I usually eat my oatmeal with some sugar (3 tbsp) and cinnamon. I really only use the cinnamon to stop me adding more sugar. If we have bananas, I slice one up and put it on top. (sans sugar or cinnamon)
    I haven't done much else with it I'm afraid.
  • kevinwood00
    Options
    try steele cut oatmeal with golden raisins & sliced almonds ... very good
  • sch0iii
    sch0iii Posts: 8
    Options
    I could live off of oatmeal! The variations are endless!

You should give overnight OIAJ (oatmeal in a jar) a try! I tend to use old peanut butter jars haha.
    The night before, combine:
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    3/4 cup almond/soy/normal milk
    1/4 cup greek yogurt (or ignore the yogurt part and just add 1 cup of milk...or 1/2 cup milk & 1/2 cup water)

^^^ That's the standard basics^^^

then you could add in whatever you like...here are some of my favorites
    1 TBSP chia seeds
    1 or 2 TBSP peanut/almond butter
    1/2 banana
    cinnamon

and then in the morning, add fresh fruit, granola or whatever you want!

You could also bake it like this blogger shared, http://eattonguyen.tumblr.com/post/6626959239/baked-oatmeal-was-yet-another-first-for-me

And if you wanna stick to the traditional method, here is a compilation of drool-worthy oatmeal pics and ideas!
    http://www.katheats.com/kaths-tribute-to-oatmeal
  • n2y2
    n2y2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    try steele cut oatmeal with golden raisins & sliced almonds ... very good
    +1

Steel Cut Oats are my favorite. Different texture and slightly nutty taste. Excellent.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    raisins , honey , cinnimon, cream.. granola, i also put oatmeal in my yogurt
  • TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and a tbsp of sugar free jam :)
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal 6/7 days of the week :D

My routine is usually:
    1/2 cup strawberries
    1 scoop low carb vanilla protein powder
    1 teaspoon of natural smooth peanut butter
    5-6 Almonds
    1/2 cup soy milk.

You might find that as a bit too many flavours combined together, but I truly love it!!

Maybe try just oatmeal, soy milk and PB?
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I do 1/4 cup instant oats, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder, and 1 tbsp peanut butter. Sometimes I'll add bananas too or do jam instead of peanut butter. Love it.
  • scarlettsky7
    scarlettsky7 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    oatmeal. raw walnuts. fresh blueberries. cinnamon. provides omega 3, protein and antioxidants. yum!
  • funnyfitguy
    Options
    Funny you ask...
    I am getting into Strength and Conditioning and a couple of players asked me about oatmeal so I just made this video blog:

http://youtu.be/GjY1XyCMz4M

Please watch and message me privately. I'd love you hear "all you alls" feedback :)
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    I mix my oatmeal with some ground flaxseed, sugar free maple syrup, natural sweetener and one egg white. The egg makes it kind of thicker and the maple syrup is a delicious flavour :)

I would like to try an oatmeal with apple sauce, raisins, cinnamon and natural sweetener. I reckon that would be a nice comfort breakfast food :)
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!! I see some great ideas here.. deff will try most of them!
  • mcrundle
    mcrundle Posts: 7
    Options
    Cook 1/2cup of rolled oats in 1cup of boiling water, about 8 minutes. Cut up 1/2 an apple and put in a large soup bowl with 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 cup fat free milk. Nuke the apple /milk/ cinnamon mixture just until hot. Don't boil it. Add the cooked oatmeal and add some brown sugar or honey. Guaranteed to keep you going till lunch.
  • misshilary
    Options
    i love baking a cut up apple with cinnamon and truvia and maybe some nutmeg on top in the microwave for 5 minutes and then adding that on top of my oatmeal! yumm tastes like apple pie
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options

You should give overnight OIAJ (oatmeal in a jar) a try! I tend to use old peanut butter jars haha.
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1/4 cup greek yogurt (or ignore the yogurt part and just add 1 cup of milk...or 1/2 cup milk & 1/2 cup water)

1 TBSP chia seeds
    1/2 banana
    cinnamon

You could also bake it like this blogger shared, http://eattonguyen.tumblr.com/post/6626959239/baked-oatmeal-was-yet-another-first-for-me

And if you wanna stick to the traditional method, here is a compilation of drool-worthy oatmeal pics and ideas!
    the oatmeal in a jar,,do u cook it in the morning if so how long
  • Razkler14
    Razkler14 Posts: 74
    Options
    Cook oatmeal

Depending on how much oatmeal you've made,
    add 1 scoop vanilla protein per 1/2 cup of oats.

Once oats are made stir in protein.
    Once lightly mixed, smear Adam's Crunchy Peanut butter across the top and sprinkle cinnamon generously over the top.

BOMB!
  • Pandalicious
    Options
    Cook the oats in some vanilla (or other flavor) soy or almond milk, mix it with a mashed banana and top with some raisins/chocolate chips/almonds. You could also stir in some pb!
  • DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Baked oatmeal w/blueberries &bananas
    Ingredients
    2 medium ripe bananas (the riper the better) sliced into 1/2" pieces
    1 1/2 cup blueberries
    4 Tbs agave nectar or honey (nutrition based on agave)
    1 cup uncooked quick oats
    1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    3/4 tsp cinnamon
    pinch of salt
    1 cup fat free milk
    1 large egg
    1tsp vanilla extract
    Directions
    Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly spray 8x8 ceramic or glass baking dish with cooking spray.
    Arrange the banana slices in a single layer on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle half of the blueberries over the bananas, 1/4 tsp of the cinnamon, 1 tbsp of the agave and cover with foil. Bake 15 minutes, until the bananas get soft.
    in a medium bowl, combine the oats, half of nuts, baking powder, remaining cinnamon, and salt; stir together. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining agave (3 tbs), milk, egg and vanilla extract.
    Remove the bananas from the oven, then pour the oat mixture over the bananas and blueberries.
    Pour the milk mixture over the oats, making sure to distribute the mixture as evenly as possible over the oats. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries and walnuts over the top.
    Bake the oatmeal for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the oatmeal has set. Serve warm from the oven.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options

1/2 cup oatmeal

1 TBSP chia seeds
    1/2 banana
    cinnamon

Sounds yummy....I've gotten bored with my oatmeal, so I'm gonna have to give this a try!!
  • BamaGirl_Tricia
    BamaGirl_Tricia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I like mine with cinnamon and splenda brown sugar. Yum!! maybe toss in some raisins or cut up apples.