Not eating enough calories?

Options
So far, I've been tracking 3-4 days of my food and everyday I have been under on my calories, It's not like I'm starving myself, I just am full. Do I have to eat all the calories it says for me? I really just am not hungry lol. Sorry if this is a silly question:blushing: Just wasn't sure if I should be eating more calories or not.

Thanks!!!

~Ari

Replies

• photoman67
    photoman67 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I don't eat all of my calories and I still lose a healthy 2 to 2 and a half pounds per week.
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I was always under on calories, not hungry and still exerciesed. Got stuck and couldn't lose another pound. I have been reading that we should not only eat our calories but some say even the excercise calories. I decided to give it a try this week and broke my plateu. I lost 2 lbs and that isn't even the amazing part....(if your not a girl....close your eyes) that time of the month should start in the next two days! So a two pound loss during a time when there should have been a 2-5 lb gain....I will always eat my calories! I feel great and it is so fun to actually eat again! lol
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Haha, I just really am having trouble finding out how to eat that much lol. my breakfast and lunch are usually about 300-400 calories each, sometimes dinner is a bit more and i my morning snack is usually fruit and evening snack is usually something small. I just am having a hard time grasping eating so much lol. How can i pack in more calories really? Here's a link to my food diary as well.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Arienna
  • janetearline
    Options
    If you don't eat enough calories, your body thinks you are trying to starve it and it will lower your metabolism.
  • Arienna
    Options
    I know but I am not hungry at all and I really don't want to eat when I'm not inthe least bit hungry just to add some calories, does that make sense? I'm not starving myself by any means. Sometimes I skip a snack but if I'm hungry in the least I will eat, to ensure I don't over eat later.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    You have a lot of weight to lose so it's not going to be a big deal for at least a little while. However, it is something that you want to eventually work up to. As your muscles continue to develop, they are going to be needing fuel.

You're doing great by the way! Keep it up and pay attention when your body starts to crave more food. And definitely be wary if it starts to crave less. You're teetering on the bare minimums on some days.

NOTE: I am a firm believer in eating exercise calories and every one of them. However, Arienna has 160 pounds to lose ... so she is among the few exceptions that doesn't necessarily need to worry about starvation mode just yet.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    I just looked at your food diary, it seems that you're eating well. The days that you barely made 1200 though, watch out for them. If you have that much to loose, that few calories may not be enough to sustain you. You won't go into that whole magical "starvation mode" but it will play games with your body and concentration.

Just make sure you are logging everything. Like this morning you had fried eggs, but it shows no butter or spray, know what I mean? It's the little things like that where the hidden calories lay.

But until you get closer to your goal weight, leaving a bit of a calorie gap wont hurt.
  • Arienna
    Options
    Thanks guys for the help, as far as the eggs I always use cooking spray with no fat, no calories, should I still log that? I was going to but just figured there was no point if it didn't add anything to my figures anyway. Also I was thinking, when I logged the loss of 10 lbs it lowered my calories so I'm sure there will come a point when I'm probably eating enough, and I guess if I hit a plateau along the way I can look into then and as long as I'm losing consistently I'll stay as is, thanks a bunch!!

~Ari

P.S This is why I :heart: this site, you guys are great!!!!:flowerforyou: