Next step after 30DS?

Options
What is the best DVD to do after 30 Day Shred?

I like that its quite short, so one at around half an hour would be good. I want to tone my wobbly belly still... ripped in 30 or 6 week 6 pack? Or something else? Advice please

I didn't get any massive results from 30DS but there is a change: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/528427-my-30-day-shred-results-16th-march I am on a second round of it at the moment, currently on Level 2.

Any recommendations appreciated! Thanks :)

Replies

• dawnkykong
    dawnkykong Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just did day one of Ripped in 30! I LOVED it...I was doing Insanity but quit, I get bored easily. It was nice to use weights again and from what she says, she never does the same exercise twice.
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I did ripped after shred, and felt is was a great follow on
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Does ripped in 30 tone your belly more? When I do the planks and press-ups I have this big bit of belly hanging down (not nice!) which I want to get rid of...

What size weights do you need for ripped?
  • dawnkykong
    Options
    Does ripped in 30 tone your belly more? When I do the planks and press-ups I have this big bit of belly hanging down (not nice!) which I want to get rid of...

What size weights do you need for ripped?

I have no idea lol... She does 3mins of weights 2mins cardio and 1min abs... And she does it three times...diff workouts eat round. She doesn't specify on the weights...she says a set of light and a set of heavy...i just used what I had! Lol 5&10. Also, there are 4 dif levels...you do each one for a week. It says to do it 5-6 days per week w at least one rest day.
  • Stephie_J
    Options
    I have no idea lol... She does 3mins of weights 2mins cardio and 1min abs... And she does it three times...diff workouts eat round. She doesn't specify on the weights...she says a set of light and a set of heavy...i just used what I had! Lol 5&10. Also, there are 4 dif levels...you do each one for a week. It says to do it 5-6 days per week w at least one rest day.

How long is each session? Like 30DS is about 20 minutes. It sounds similar to 30DS as she does strength, cardio and abs on that.
  • EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Glad you asked this as I was wondering the same thing
  • shmunster
    Options
    Ripped is a bit longer, but still in the same 3,2,1 format with strength, cardio and abs. It helped with my belly, but my belly needs alot of help! I'm alternating a heap of Jillian dvds at the moment now that I finished the 2 30 day dvds
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    If you like Jillian, you could also try alternating Banish Fat Blast Metabolism with No More Trouble Zones. Both videos are about 45 minutes long, but they have circuits, so if you are short on time, you could pick and choose. Both have a lot of Ab/ core work, some of which is brutal and the extra cardio will burn more calories. NMTZ is weight work with light weight/ high reps- I usually use 3s and 5s, and BFBM is bursty cardio with core work. I got good results with these and 30DS while doing Jillian's 30 day slim down, though I've been doing other stuff recently.
  • Stephie_J
    Options
    That's great, thanks :) I like the 3-2-1 that she does so I might gives Ripped a go next. Not sure that 30 DS is doing a lot the second time round. :/ I think I saw a box set on amazon of jillian's DVDs :)
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah. Ripped in 30 for sure!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I only started Ripped recently (still on Level 1), but if your abs are your trouble spot, 3 minutes a day might not be enough. You may want to look at something that specifically targets your core as an add-on to your normal workout routine. I love Pilates for all the core work.
  • dawnkykong
    Options

How long is each session? Like 30DS is about 20 minutes. It sounds similar to 30DS as she does strength, cardio and abs on that.

She says 22 minutes but with the warm up and cool down...my HRM said 34 minutes.:) Sounds pretty similar.
  • Stephie_J
    Options
    I only started Ripped recently (still on Level 1), but if your abs are your trouble spot, 3 minutes a day might not be enough. You may want to look at something that specifically targets your core as an add-on to your normal workout routine. I love Pilates for all the core work.

I have lost a few inches off the fullest part of my belly since starting 30DS. Maybe I am just impatient but Ripped in 30 seems quite a popular follow on to 30DS.
  • ashmx250
    ashmx250 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The first time I did 30 Day shred (last year) I started incorporating 6 week 6 pack into my routine before i was even finished with 30DS. Then when I was done with that I would alternate her No More Trouble Zones with Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, although I kind of wore myself out a bit with those two and occasionally would throw in a 30DS or 6 week 6 pack workout back in the mix for a break. I did manage to go from 161 to 132lbs in about 4 months, lost over a foot in inches in my biceps, thighs, waist and across the belly button, and significantly lowered my body fat % using Jillians dvds. I got Ripped in 30 but also found out i was pregnant and was having morning sickness before I was able to even finish the first week of it :-(. Now I'm starting all over again just about to finish 30DS in a week and i'm planning on Ripped in 30 next and eventually on to Jillians Body Revolution. With 2 kids now, I rarely have time for anything more than a 30 min workout.
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I just finished RI30 and i really loved it. I did lose 1.5 inches off my waist and 5.5inches off of my hips! I had great results but I did it first. I'm back tracking and doing 30 day shred with more intensity to get a good burn. I am then doing Jillian's ab workout next month. It depends on when you want your results. If you want an overall benefit I would do RI30 (has 4 workouts so you don't get bored and you will get challenged! Ab workout is soso) but if you are in a hurry to get the abs going I would do the ab workout.
  • shmunster
    Options
    6 week 6 pack is also great, it has core and a bit of cardio as well since you cant spot reduce your problem areas but there is an ab focus
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i also did 30ds and didn't get much results from it. i did it twice, the second time i got NO results :( i started Rin30 april 1st. I love it so far, well level 1 anyway... i hope this one can do a little something for me! i am using 5 lbs weights.
  • CherylAnne1988
    Options
    i really like turbofire
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Both of those are good. I actually have 7 JM videos and rotate them and do a different one everyday.
  • projectconsistency
    Options
    I'm doing Jillian's Extreme Shed and Shred when I finish the 30DS. The workouts are a bit longer, but it sounds like they're worth the time.