20lbs Down - 5ft 1.8in

Options
runnercheryl
runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
I wasn't going to post a 'success story' type picture until I reached my goal weight, but I've seen a lot of 'short person' posts since I joined MFP. These are posts about how a few pounds look on a small body, and how hard it is to lose weight when you're short. I see a lot of other short people saying they can't picture losses on themselves, so I've decided to update with my starting weight, 10lbs lost and 20lbs lost pictures.

I'm sorry they're not great pictures, but hopefully it'll show what the loss can look like on a smaller body. This is with only cardio - I don't do anything for strength/tone, so obviously there'd probably be more definition on someone who did strength training as well.

GoingDown-1.jpg

Replies

• monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Amazing :) Looking Good!!
  • jacksamjack
    jacksamjack Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You are looking great! As a "shortie" at just over 5ft tall, I have struggled to see a difference in myself, I still cannot get my head around being able to fit into smaller clothes - it feels like a trick!! I have lost 30lbs so far - my starting weight was the same as yours, so thank you - you have made me realise how much my own body has actually changed!!! Well done - hope we can both get to where we want to be (it is darned hard now - can't seem to lose anything at the moment!!) :flowerforyou:
  • Pinky_Calhoun
    Pinky_Calhoun Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Way to Go!! :drinker:
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    You look great! I'm short as well (5'2 3/4''), and I totally understand the idea of being able to see EVERY. POUND. I weighed 185 a few years ago--I weigh 104 now. It's rough, but you can absolutely do anything! Keep at it!
  • 57scoutmaster
    Options
    Awesome. Keep it up
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    You look great! I'm short as well (5'2 3/4''), and I totally understand the idea of being able to see EVERY. POUND. I weighed 185 a few years ago--I weigh 104 now. It's rough, but you can absolutely do anything! Keep at it!

Great work on your part. I've lost this 20lbs in just over 16 months, so it's a slow process for me but I love seeing the results and knowing how much my health is improving.
  • 3audkids
    3audkids Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    you look great!! keep up the good work!!
  • mozartsghost
    Options
    looking good!
  • schwim
    schwim Posts: 65
    Options
    you look awesome. I'm a fellow shortie at 5'2". i hate when people say i carry weight well and they can't notice when i lose or gain 10 pounds. i notice every bit of it even though i fool myself into thinking its not a big deal because loved ones still say i look good. congrats on your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!