Still fat in places I don't like!

Options
I've lost a lot of weight now, and am coming up to my target in about another stone/stone and a half. I've lost about 32 pounds so far. So the changes in my body have been dramatic and i'm alot healthier and happier.

Thing is... I still have a slight roll of fat just underneath my bust like round my ribs, and underneath my arms down my side is still very squidgy... and obviously still struggling with belly fat a little. If i just keep going with my weight loss will I lose these things, or is it just part and parcel of losing weight so I should just get used to it? I am proud of myself for losing the weight but would like to be happy with all of my body!

Replies

• tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, just not so much around ribcage. Mine is in my belly. I have also lost 32 pounds. I was hoping to lose 18 more pounds, but I will probably adjust it, because I need to lose more in my waist. I have noticed a difference because lately, I have been doing more abs workouts along with strength training!
  • SugarHighAbbie
    Options
    I feel exactly the same! I've lost all my weight on my top half and have a small waist (which is great) but my chest has reduced dramatically. It's great to get into a size 10 but I don't even fill the chest of dresses, which is too depressing.

My bottom half is still more like a 12 cause my hips and thighs are huge, and I just can't seem to shift the weight. I've hit my 'Goal Weight' twice now but keep reducing it cause I'm just not happy with my thighs and hips.
    My friends and family told me to stop dieting or I'll have no top half, and be left with giant thighs (obviously they said it in nicer terms haha).

I wish I could help but I'm in the same position :(
  • babigurl86
    babigurl86 Posts: 138
    Options
    i have same issues its so unfortunate we cant pick where we lose im gonna stick at it and hope it all evens out :happy:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/543855-im-now-at-the-point-where-i-gave-up-last-time-and-rememberin
  • mrs_kurz
    mrs_kurz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Well it's reassuring to know i'm nt the only one! I'm having to stop my weight lost mid way as I 'm getting married and they've had to order my dress 2 sizes smaller already than the one I ordered... planning to lose the next stone after the wedding... hoping it's not too difficult to get back into :( It's nly 4.5 months til the wedding so i think if I just try and stabalize for that long i'll be able to pick it up again. I've seriously considered getting liposuction on these few areas once I've finished losing the weight, just so i'm happy, but I know my husband to be would never let me!! haha
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Well it's reassuring to know i'm nt the only one! I'm having to stop my weight lost mid way as I 'm getting married and they've had to order my dress 2 sizes smaller already than the one I ordered... planning to lose the next stone after the wedding... hoping it's not too difficult to get back into :( It's nly 4.5 months til the wedding so i think if I just try and stabalize for that long i'll be able to pick it up again. I've seriously considered getting liposuction on these few areas once I've finished losing the weight, just so i'm happy, but I know my husband to be would never let me!! haha

I'm not usually all "rawr woman power!" but dang, he wouldn't let you? Sorry that struck me as horrible sounding. Do what you want with your own body.
  • mrs_kurz
    Options
    Oh I didn't mean to make him sound horrible! He's not he's lovely and not controlling in the slightest. He cares about me a lot, and doesn't wnt me to go through something with risks which he sees as unessesary as he tells me i'm beautiful however. But I think if I finished and was really unhappy he would let me, just not his first choice!
  • askinnychitwood
    askinnychitwood Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When you guys unlock this mystery, will you please let me know the secret! I've lost 88 pounds over the past couple of years and still have lots of flab. You would think I would be satisfied, but are we ever?!?

A friend of mine had lipo not long ago, and she swears it's worst than child labor. Plus her stomach has well...issues now and unfortunately, the weight always has potential to come back.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    right there with you - I have what i call fat abs...I look in the mirror and I have the ab indentations but they are like pockets of fat...

for some people the fat will stay and stay and stay and there isn't much you can do about it except to tone it...and for women lower Ab fat is the hardest to loose because our bodies are designed to carry extra fat in that area to protect our reproductive areas.

I have a booty and thighs...my sister who is 4 inches taller than me, a flat stomach and works out all the time has the same booty and thighs - although it looks a little better on her stretched out a bit...so i have resigned myself that i will never have the shapely legs I would love and the only thing i can do is try and tone then so they dont' jiggle as much - but as far as ever fitting in skinny jeans...nope not going to happen...
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    I`m sure a million others will say different...But the only way i`ve managed to shrink alot of fat is a high protein/Low carb diet...

And lots of Plank excercises...Firms up the midriff and the sides..Lots of different variations..Look on Youtube

But as said...i`m sure all the super healthy slim people on here will tell you differently.
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist says that, particularly for women, wherever you had the fat first, will be the last to lose it. I've had back and under boobs since high school and I'll just have to hang on to them until everything evens out :laugh:
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    We can't target specific areas but apparently interval training when you do cardio is good for belly fat. Stress makes it deposit on your belly.
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I hope to be in your place soon. I plan on doing lots of toning and lifting to fill in the skin and burn the flab. But that is the end of my journey and a few months down the road. Some folks can do it all at once. But I know if I do that I will not fix the thing that got me here in the first place, which is the eating. I need to retrain myself to eat less and having to eat all those cals back is not helpful that way so one thing at a time.
    Right now I am cardio and light lifting to get a hold on my cals. and nutrients.
    Congratulations on your progress.
  • mrs_kurz
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses :-) If anyone has any other thoughts keep contributing!!! I just think i'll keep going until i've lost it!
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME WAY!!! im 19 LBS away from my weight goal and i dnt think fat on my hips will go away or that bulge /pudge in my stomach or my butt to be alittle smaller ( im pear shaped so i know ill always be bottom heavy but geesh i know that its atleast possible for it to be smaller!!!:angry: Ive lost 41 lbs but to me i still LOOK the same even though ppl tell me they see a HUGE DIFFERENCE
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same! I've lost all my weight on my top half and have a small waist (which is great) but my chest has reduced dramatically. It's great to get into a size 10 but I don't even fill the chest of dresses, which is too depressing.

My bottom half is still more like a 12 cause my hips and thighs are huge, and I just can't seem to shift the weight. I've hit my 'Goal Weight' twice now but keep reducing it cause I'm just not happy with my thighs and hips.
    My friends and family told me to stop dieting or I'll have no top half, and be left with giant thighs (obviously they said it in nicer terms haha).

I wish I could help but I'm in the same position :(

Me too... i hope these last 19lbs come straight from my bottom half.. I've lost enough weight up top.... if i lose these 19lbs and still dnt feel good illhave to keep losing until i do
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Strength training should fix that
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Oh I didn't mean to make him sound horrible! He's not he's lovely and not controlling in the slightest. He cares about me a lot, and doesn't wnt me to go through something with risks which he sees as unessesary as he tells me i'm beautiful however. But I think if I finished and was really unhappy he would let me, just not his first choice!

Oh gotcha, That's awesome that he says you're beautiful regardless! :)