Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Rules on calories burned help

Hi Guys

Just wondering about the following:

I am 32 , 5f8 currently 86.3kg

I eat around 1700 - 1800 calories daily for weight loss

Now my workouts in the morning with my heart rate monitor on in 50 minutes I can burn 750-800 calories (I know there is debate on how accurate this is but lets go with it) At night I may go for a run burn 400 calories

So im burning 1150 calories from the gym & running now subtract that from 1800 is 650 calories im eating daily.

Do you think the 1700-1800 calories is what I should be eating without exercise for weight loss? or should I start eating some of the calories I burn back?

Cheers

Replies

• Sullerson
    Sullerson Posts: 21 Member
    I eat some of my exercise calories back if I know I'll be close to a 1000 cal deficit for the day. I wear a bodybugg device which has been pretty accurate. So if I have a day that I know i'll hit 3000 calories burned for the day (normal day without exercise is 2400), I'll bump up my normal 1800 daily calories to 2200-2300 calories. I had maintained a large deficit for so long and was not losing weight. After a few changes I find that if I keep it closer to 800-500 under for the day I get a bit more progress. I suggest if you're not getting the results you want, try it. Whats the worse that could happen :)