BURGER KING...is ok to eat this morning..

Options
13»

Replies

• tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    "I don't eat it every day" is an example of excuses people make when they don't lose weight. I noticed your ticker hasn't moved... I'm sorry to see that... But making choices like not eating BK for breakfast is what's going to help you lose the weight you want. When you have started to see progress, then having a "treat" once in a while isn't such a bad thing. But figuring out how to balance occasional treats with better everyday eating is part of the process, and I don't think you should ignore it.

Mmkay.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    "I don't eat it every day" is an example of excuses people make when they don't lose weight. I noticed your ticker hasn't moved... I'm sorry to see that... But making choices like not eating BK for breakfast is what's going to help you lose the weight you want. When you have started to see progress, then having a "treat" once in a while isn't such a bad thing. But figuring out how to balance occasional treats with better everyday eating is part of the process, and I don't think you should ignore it.

She's trying to lose only 15 lbs... the occasional fast food breakfast isn't going to completely thwart her weightloss efforts especially if she's staying within her calorie goals on most days. 1 greasy delicious breakfast sandwich isn't going to make her gain weight. Stop being an alarmist.
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    totally agree, thought this sight was for support not for some regimented person to come on and dictate what u should be eating.. as far as i'm aware if u stay within a calorie goal your lose weight.. nuff said...
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    totally agree, thought this sight was for support not for some regimented person to come on and dictate what u should be eating..

Did you read the part where the OP asks if it's ok to eat Burker King for breakfast?
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    totally agree, thought this sight was for support not for some regimented person to come on and dictate what u should be eating..

Did you read the part where the OP asks if it's ok to eat Burker King for breakfast?

They probably did read that... and almost everyone seems to be answering logically with, yes, in moderation.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Once in awhile it's ok. I actually have a secret love for McD's breakfast sausage wrap. I treat myself to one every now & again.
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I agree that 340 calories for breakfast isn't that bad. Having said that, there's a lot more wrong with Burger King/fast food than just the calorie counts, so be sure not to make it a habit. But once in a while isn't anything to beat yourself up over.

On the other hand, if you are feeling this guilty about eating BK, try to figure out exactly what it is about their food that you are craving and try to find a healthier way to get that into your diet.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Once in awhile it's ok. I actually have a secret love for McD's breakfast sausage wrap. I treat myself to one every now & again.

*in sing-songy voice*

I'm telling the food police .... I'm telling the food police ....