Feeling down & not wanting to eat.

So... I've been seeing this guy since Nov 2010. Things were going really great... the day after this recent Valentine's Day, he tells me that he has too much stress with school, he's not working full time (and he absolutely loves to work), plus all the projects that his parents put on his plate. He is a very handy guy... he's a great guy. I thought I was going to end up marrying him and having babies, starting a family and just loving life and everything I have been given. Sunday night he informed me that he would like to be friends at the moment ... he can't give me a solid answer as to if he'd want to start up a relationship 100% - I truly think that when his schooling is over (he'll graduate December of this year), and he's working full time, he'll have time for himself and time for us. It's totally killing me inside and I don't know how to get through it. Given these situations, I'm sure some people go for the comfort food... however, I feel like eating nothing. All the things I know I love, I don't even want to shove in my throat because I am not hungry and when I think of eating, I feel like I'm just going to throw it up anyway. I love this man with every ounce of my being, and it totally rips my heart out. He says that we can work on our friendship even though I consider him my best friend and he has said the same, but he's just been so cold. Telling me that I had to leave (not live together) so he had time to sort out things in his head and be his own person, which during the week, I hadn't seen much of him. I have great friends and family there to support me... I don't want to go into starvation mode (b/c I might have already from 48 hours w/out eating much - just drinking coffee in the morning and some water during the day). I thought since being with him, I'd be set for life in so many ways... to get through whatever together, the good and the bad because that is what you do when you love someone, and instead for the time being, he's pushing me away. I just need to find the strength, courage and motivation to want to eat at least something - and when I walk at night to turn that anger, hurt and upset into something positive that is helping my body at the same time.

Replies