help on snack foods?

Options
Kidvicious28
Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
Do you guys know of any high protein/low carb snacks that I could take to work with me? Something not messy. Something easy.
I'm a server so I only have literally a minute to gobble down something in between tables. I looked at random snack bars but they're high in carbs :ohwell:
I eat carbs, don't get me wrong. I would just like a something that doesn't have many carbs in it and preferably high protein as well. I'm trying to watch my carbs bc I tend to go over them on a daily basis.

Replies

• elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I always grab some almonds when I'm on the go.:smile: I've tried some of the south beach chocolate waffer bars, and there are pretty yummy. I've gotten those at Target. :flowerforyou:
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I'm a cashier so I sometimes hide some carrot sticks or something in my apron...when no ones watching I munch:laugh:

I get a fifteen min dinnerbreak so that's when I have my protien.
  • cnj001
    cnj001 Posts: 15
    Options
    I could be wrong but i think Special K makes a protien bar thats low on carbs. you should check them out.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    The little 100 calorie pack of Almonds and walnuts are delicious. I think Diamond makes them you should check those out. They are all natural to boot, except for the dry roasted almonds but all in 100 calorie packs. I also take the South Beach Fiber Fit cookies around with me a lot. I'm not sure how many carbs they have though as I eat them for the fiber. You could also take beef jerky. You can find small reasonable bags of beef jerky with not a lot of calories and fat. Just a couple ideas.

Good Luck!
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    Atkins has some protein bars that are pretty good with 10grams of protein per bar and only 3grams carbs. they are high in fiber to counteract the carbs, so be carfull, they tend to have a side effect that is not very pleasent. and when I say that......I MEAN IT...... so test them out at home before you eat one at work. they give me the worst smelling gas that sends my family running for the other room. that would be really unthinkable in a resturant.
    good luck.
  • knottylibrarian
    Options
    BLUEBERRIES- 1 CUP HAS I8 CARBS
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I'll def look for those 100 cal packs! I'm a vegetarian, otherwise the beef jerky would work lol. Thank you for helping me out :happy:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    haha you just literally made me laugh out loud.:laugh: oh man, yes, I'll def try them out BEFORE taking them into work. Thanks for the heads up!