Options

Replies

• Keeshaja
    Keeshaja Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!
  • angella_zumba
    Options
    That's awesome! I did one 5 years ago! and want to do one again soon!
  • dlw13
    dlw13 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! Congratulations! I'm planning to run an HM this year. I'd love to hear how you guys trained for the race.
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Way To Go!! I am training right now to walk my first one in November.
  • mightymite1110
    Options
    Congrats on running your HM. Running races are so fun. That's an amazing accomplishment!! Congrats again!:smile:
  • Orrgarde86
    Orrgarde86 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Well done! I did my first marathon 2 weeks ago and planning on another one in August already, this running thing is addictive!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Like many others who have already commented, I'm planning to do my first half later this year. Hope you will come back and let us all know what worked for you and how you trained!!!
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I just did my first half a few weeks ago, too. I can't wait for the next one, even though it's a year away. (Issues with my left leg make me limit my distance running.) Keep up the great work!
  • Jedi_Jewel
    Jedi_Jewel Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That is a HUGE accomplishment!!! I am looking forward to doing the same!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Congratulations

Be warned, halves can become addictive ;)
  • JeceCanDoIt
    JeceCanDoIt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! My friend just completed one too and said it was awesome! I personally am gonna start small, with a 5k lol
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    On Sunday, my boyfriend and I ran our first half marathon and even though we were getting impatient towards the end of the training, now that we did it, we're already planning our next one for October. The really cool thing is that neither one of us are natural runners and though we are both really slow, we were committed to the process and determined to finish and we did!! Just goes to show that so much of this fitness process is mental.

Good luck to all who are feeling challenged or discouraged. Keep it up! You CAN do it!!

WEHOOOO more motivation for me!! I just started training for my first 5k but I will be training into the fall I am sure. But like you I am so not a runner. I don’t care how I cross that finish line if I am crawling, walking, or running I am going to finish one way or another one can even roll me. But I am going to do it. Thanks again for the great inspiration.
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Congratulation!!! That is an awesome accomplishment!!! I hope to do my first half next January. It's people like you who inspire me to keep going!
  • daisyduck0427
    Options
    On Sunday, my boyfriend and I ran our first half marathon and even though we were getting impatient towards the end of the training, now that we did it, we're already planning our next one for October. The really cool thing is that neither one of us are natural runners and though we are both really slow, we were committed to the process and determined to finish and we did!! Just goes to show that so much of this fitness process is mental.

Good luck to all who are feeling challenged or discouraged. Keep it up! You CAN do it!!

LOVE IT!! That's so great. I just did my first half marathon March 17th. I, also, was not a natural runner. Didn't start running until after my first son was born! Congrats. A lot of it is so mental. It's amazing what you can do once you stop telling yourself you can't. :)
  • Balance79
    Balance79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's soo awesome! I'm training for my first 1/2 marathon for May 20th. I would love to hear your advise as well! Also, how about post race? Any tips?
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I can't wait to finish my first half marathon on May 5th!!
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    Congrats! Welcome to a new form of addiction! My fiance and I run together also and it's awesome. After doing our first full (successfully, but slowly) I do have to say the HM is the perfect distance. We have our 4th next month!
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    I'm running my first HM in mid-May, and my training isn't going smoothly, but I don't care. If I have to walk half of it I will (though I hope not to). I can't wait!

After that, I'll be doing the Wild West Relay, which is equally terrifying and exhilarating...
  • mrskrich2010
    Options
    Congratulations on running your first HM!! I'm running one on June 2 and am nowhere near prepared! I can't find the time to practice with a 41/2 month old, school, and I'm about to move in less than a month! How did you train? Does anyone have suggestions for training at home? I can't run in the neighborhood and she's not quite big enough for a jogger...
  • claremillerphoto
    claremillerphoto Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement - well done! I too am an "un-natural" runner - & I look forward to one day putting up a post like this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!