In need of motivation

Options
OK so here's my delay - I haven't been able to go to the gym since Thursday. Thursday I met with my trainer and he totally kicked my butt - couldnt walk till Saturday night!! My husband just went back to work last week so we are out of money for 3 weeks till he gets his first check. That being said - I have no gas money to go to and from the gym everyday like I have been. I've gained about 3-5lbs since Thursday (water weight?). Anyways - I have absolutely no motivation to exercise at home - theres so many distractions! Yesterday I managed to do crunches for 10 or 15 mins while watching Full Metal Jousting but I could not for the life of me get up the motivation to do Zumba on Wii or my Firm Bootcamp DVD. Is it because I'm home alone and feel like I have noone to be accountable to? Am I returning to my lazy ways? I wont be able to go back to the gym till Saturday. HELP ME !!! I dont like my neighborhood enough to go walking alone. How do I overcome myself???

Replies

• wolfehound22
    Options
    Working out at home can be difficult, and unfortunittly there really isn't a trick to it, u have to just force yourself to do it. YOu obviously know what you need to do, as your coming on here and talking about it, so just do it. You force yourself to get in your car and drive to the gym, so now you need to just force yourself off the couch.
  • helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    getting in the car is so much easier LOL I find the gym fun - home is well - home :(... I'm going to do my best tonight to get it done.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    The only advice I can offer is to just do it! When you say, oh I'd rather... Tell yourself, exercise first, then anything else. Develop the just do it mentality and you can achieve anything!
  • 250momma
    250momma Posts: 12
    Options
    All i have is the home to exercise at, it is challenging and i do not exercise everyday, but like what she said above let's just make it our mind mentality to just do it, i got to start doing something everyday, although i do have a 2 year old and i go outside and play with her and things it is just not enough!!! We can do this :-D Let's JUST DO IT!!!!
  • helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm in ! I made my checklist - and I LOVE my checklists so - I gotta mark those things off - if I do I get some wine hehehe :)