Veggies :)

Options
2»

Replies

• moerketid
    moerketid Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't like veg really and can go a week without eatting any... :( not good I know! today I'm gonna buy some carrots! yes I will dip them in ranch but atleast I'll be eatting some

If it makes you feel any better I'm also terrible with eating veggies. The most common diet veg, I just don't like, e.g. lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, onions, courgette. Salad is totally undoable for me!
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I like bell peppers raw. Our deli sells a pack of four, usually in various colors. In addition to the salad at lunch, I have my bell pepper as an afternoon snack. Love it!
  • pmdhardy
    pmdhardy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I dont see to eat a lot of veggies either.. so I always throw some spinach in my smoothies.. and if you buy the bags of frozen spinach thats even better.. Even my son likes it.. No taste from the spinach at all and it makes your smoothie nice and thick.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time with this too! I love my fruits, but not my veggies necessarily. I try to make different salads and veggies to dip in hummus, but it gets old to me after about a week. I also pack a lot of leftovers from the night before which tend to be healthier these days, but not necessarily heavy in the veggies. I use a lot of frozen veggies for dinner, but they tend to get eaten by my husband or me (a good thing). I don't have a lot of time for lunch so I have to eat meals that I can fix quickly. I still feel that I am not getting enough veggies in my diet though. What to do?
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I do eat veggies at lunch, mainly baby carrots and celery. I like to use celery in place of crackers or bread for tuna/chicken salad. On rare occasion I also bring in frozen microwaveable veggies to go with lunch. Broccoli and cauliflower (if you like them) make good snacky veggies too. =)
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I also pack my lunch :bigsmile:
    Since begining of the month I'm trying to change some habits, and know I try to bring soup, salad and fish or meat with some carbs and steamed veggies :happy:

Most of the days I can do it.

My veggies, below :bigsmile:

Raw (usually I take them as salad, with only olive oil or only balsamic vinegar. never the 2 togheter and I only add it just before eating):
    - Carrots
    - Cherry Tomato
    - Lettuce/Rucola/Watercress
    - Red cabbage

Steamed:
    - Broccoli
    - Carrots
    - Beans (white, red, cowpeas)
    - Chickpea

In soup:
    - Potatos
    - Pumpkin
    - Zucchini
    - Carrots
    - Chayote
    - Leek
    - Turnip
    - Spinach
    - Watercress

Kisses,
    Tatyanne
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I Eat veggies as a snack before my lunch. around 11:00 today i had some kirby cucumbers and red bell pepper. i dont get to lunch until 1:00-1:30 so i have a snack at 11
    try and see if you can work it in like that.. I enjoy having my veggie snack!
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It's easy to get in LOTS of veggies if you simply replace your processed packaged snacks with raw veggies. I LOVE raw baby carrots, whole mushrooms, yellow peppers, grape tomatoes, cucumber, sliced large tomatoes, and cabbage. Of course, the shift is hard, but once you do they are addicting in a GOOD way, unlike sitting down with a bag of Doritos. I like dips and stuff too, but if you can, eat them plain! :)
    Ever since choosing to snack more often, almost entirely on veggies, I've felt sooo much happier and better, and guilt is gone from when I used to eat packages of crackers or chips. :)
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    It's easy to get in LOTS of veggies if you simply replace your processed packaged snacks with raw veggies. I LOVE raw baby carrots, whole mushrooms, yellow peppers, grape tomatoes, cucumber, sliced large tomatoes, and cabbage. Of course, the shift is hard, but once you do they are addicting in a GOOD way, unlike sitting down with a bag of Doritos. I like dips and stuff too, but if you can, eat them plain! :)
    Ever since choosing to snack more often, almost entirely on veggies, I've felt sooo much happier and better, and guilt is gone from when I used to eat packages of crackers or chips. :)

I dont ever snack on stuff that is bad for me. I just snack too much on fruits and not enough on veggies :( lol
    But there are so many great ideas now..so im really excited to try them, thanks guys!
    I packed some carrots today & celery...*baby steps* hopefully i can make some of your ideas work :flowerforyou:
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I bag all of my fruit and veg in little plastic bags for easy access. I just grab what I want for the day and go on!

You seem to like sweet, so I would suggest carrots & snap peas. They are delicious and inexpensive. :)
    I also like cucumbers, cauliflower, and raw spinach. :)