Diet Pills (Slim Quick)

Options
So I was wondering if anyone has ever taken the diet pill Slim Quick or any other diet pill. I've always thought about taking a diet pill but I'm not sure if it would work or not or if they are okay to take. So I was wondering if anyone would recommend them or if most people think there just a waste ??

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just eat healthy an exercise. If diet pills worked, everyone would be taking them.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I agree with psulemon. If diet pills actually worked we'd all be thin!

They may work short term but when you stop taking them you will most likely gain all your weight back. Most diet pills are full of chemicals that can harm your body... even all natural diet pills can be harmful.
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    The money you would spend on weight loss supplements would be better spent on a heart rate monitor instead. When people know exactly how many calories they burn (as opposed to MFP estimates which are usually on the higher side), it's a lot easier to calculate calories-in and calories-out. Plus, having a HRM has encouraged me to try a bunch of new exercises... just to see how many calories I can ACTUALLY burn.

Somewhat off topic... but I hope my advice helps a little :)
  • kyt1206
    kyt1206 Posts: 101
    Options
    Think about it this way, without making a lifestyle change, you will continue to put on weight just like you did before. If you want your body to change, YOU must change. Otherwise, it's like putting bandages on a bleeding wound that just won't stop. It will kill your soul if not your body. So don't look at quick fixes and just follow the diet and exercise plan.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Sorry and I should add... read the fine print on the boxes. All say "with reduced calorie diet and exercise" along with the weight loss results.. usually only a few pounds difference over the same period of time.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Not worth the time, money, or negative effect it will have on your body. Try working hard, eating healthy, and making a positive lifestyle change. Nothing worth obtaining is ever easy my friend.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    If you could just pop a pill and become instantly slim and fit then everyone would be doing it.

There is no magic pill. The equation is simple:

Eat less. Move more.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money. The best way to lose weight is to change your lifestyle by eating healthier and exercising. If it is not sustainable for your entire life, then, it is not worth it. People tend to gain the weight back plus some from these types of methods of weight loss.
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am going to side with everyone above me on this post.

On the other hand, if you are really eager to give it a try, be sure to consult with a doctor first.
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    not recommanded... I use to be on pills all the time I became so depended on them that I use to take a pill instead of a meal. I was forced to stop the diet pills and gain a ton of weight back. I say clean eating and exercise is the best and healthy way.. :smile:
  • RholeModel1922
    RholeModel1922 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    BrittnayLynne...while it is hard waking up in the morning seeing little to no results in your quest to become a healthier you...HANG IN THERE. Overtime, you will get where you need to be...just keeping working hard. Stay motivated and stay encouraged. Build a network of friends on here who have seen success, as this will help you. Especially on those days when you feel like giving up!
  • Dreamin_Skinny
    Options
    People get on my nerves with their diet pill judgements. I use slim quick and for an appetite suppressant and energy it works. It makes me feel like working out because I'm restless. I think as a long term, it will def become costly but as a way to start the habit of portion control (suppressant) and working out (energy), I think it helps. Did for me.
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    People get on my nerves with their diet pill judgements. I use slim quick and for an appetite suppressant and energy it works. It makes me feel like working out because I'm restless. I think as a long term, it will def become costly but as a way to start the habit of portion control (suppressant) and working out (energy), I think it helps. Did for me.

Then why ask what people think about them? You already made your mind up before posting the question in that case.

Diet pills never have and never will work. As countless posts on here state, eat less and take regular exercise. Works for most people.
  • donna_do_good
    Options
    It wasn't the same person who asked about them and the person who said people get on my nerves so no need to be so rude
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are dangerous! Seriously, for your own health, steer clear of these barely regulated drugs. People have died.