Cooking my own foods

Options
Hey guys -- I posted in one of the other foods discouraged that I was not able to lose weight after changing my eating habits and exercising. It was suggested I am eating too much processed foods (prepared foods, frozen meals, etc) and everyone said I should cook my own meals from scratch. I don't have much experience "cooking" and I have been looking at recipes around the internet and some of them seem pretty difficult to make and call for ingredients I either don't have or never heard of. Im sure I can go to the store and buy them but my question is:

What are some quick, easy foods that you guys make for your meals? And reccomend for weight loss? Something I could cook for dinner one night and then have left overs for lunch the next day!

Thanks for all your help!

Replies

• chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I always cook my proteins in bulk. It's simple. Get a bunch of chicken breast or whatever you like. Wash it, sprinkle on some garlic power and salt-free seasoning mix, put in a baking dish and bake until done. Prep time is like 15-20 minutes and you'll have food to last you all week.

For a meal, you just reheat a serving of the protein, and put some salad or veggies on the side.

Done deal. Quick, simple, easy.
  • jdragione
    jdragione Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    yeah that's pretty much exactly what I am looking for -- The chicken will last all week though? If I cook Sunday night, by Thursday or Friday everything will still be good to go?
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    If you are cooking for one or two check out hungrygirl's website. They have some great quick & easy recipes. Most are geared to one or two people.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    yeah that's pretty much exactly what I am looking for -- The chicken will last all week though? If I cook Sunday night, by Thursday or Friday everything will still be good to go?
    Yep. I do it all the time. Keep it refrigerated. If you're really concerned, portion some out on Sunday for later in the week, put it in the freezer and then pull it out when you need it.