Question about eating before working out. What??

Options
13»

Replies

• dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this too. If I'm hungry one of my normal snacks is a fiber bar.

Good luck with C25K!! I finished it in March and I actually don't mind running now. I use the term running very loosely since I'm only doing about a 4.9 on the treadmill!! But at least I'm doing it!!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I was thinking bananas too but wasnt sure. I dont want anything massive but just a little something to see if it truly does help.

If you get cramps at all in your legs, a banana is the answer! eat one after your workout and the potassium helps the cramps. I used eat a medium size banana after every run until my legs were conditioned properly. for before hard workouts i generally do a string cheese with a piece of fruit or a big glass of milk, usually chocolate milk. the glass of milk ALWAYS holds me over. Good luck!
  • Melanie12081
    Options
    One sliced of whole wheat bread and 2 tbsp of your choice of peanut butter.

This is what I do, except I use the 45 calorie Sara Lee multigrain! :)
  • smerced30
    smerced30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was told by the trainer that its good to eat at least 30mins or 1hr before working out and after a light snack (no fruits after 3pm) if you staying awake for 2 hours or more,(that means at night) That's because I go to the gym in the evenings... but also your meals depends on the type of workout routine you're doing. :wink: