What's Happening? :-/

Options
So, I've been really serious about my weight loss/fitness journey for about three months.

I've stayed within my calorie intake goals, and I have been exercising at the gym regularly (some weeks I go 4 times, others 5)...

However, I have been gaining and losing the same 3 lbs for the past two months. My body measurements have changed slightly....slightly.

I do strength training every other visit to the gym, and cardio on every visit. I also make it a point to stay within my target heart rate while doing cardio. When I first started working out, I gained about 2-3 lbs, but from what I understand I was probably building muscle at the time.

I'm getting a little frustrated because now I feel as if I'm doing something wrong, but my best friend says that I'm just being impatient.

Confused :-?

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    It may be something in your diet. Not eating enough... eating too much... not measuring foods... not counting your HR properly... too high estimates for exercise calories earned... not eating exercise calories... etc.

Can you open your diary ... it may help us help you a bit more.

By your ticker you only have 25lbs to lose. What do you have your weekly weight loss goal set to?
  • JVonni
    JVonni Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It may be something in your diet. Not eating enough... eating too much... not measuring foods... not counting your HR properly... too high estimates for exercise calories earned... not eating exercise calories... etc.

Can you open your diary ... it may help us help you a bit more.

By your ticker you only have 25lbs to lose. What do you have your weekly weight loss goal set to?

Thanks for the input. I actually have more than 25 lbs to lose, but I broke my goals into 25 lbs increments so that I won't feel overwhelmed. I'm looking to lose the (healthy) max of 2 lbs a week. I think that I might actually be over estimating my exercise calories. So many machines/calculators give me so many different answers. I've notice that when I use the MFP calculator, it's generally much higher or much lower than the machines at the gym; but I've heard that those machines are sometimes inaccurate as well.
  • becomingfitish
    becomingfitish Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Have you tried switching it up a bit? Maybe eating a little more calories than normal or eating a little less? Calorie cycling it's called.
  • JVonni
    Options
    Have you tried switching it up a bit? Maybe eating a little more calories than normal or eating a little less? Calorie cycling it's called.

I've heard about that. That is probably something I should consider. Thank you
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Ah ok!! Smart idea to break up your weight loss goals!!

If you have 75lbs plus to lose 2lbs per week should work perfectly for you! However, you may not always lose 2lbs per week (might lose more, might lose less).

How much are you eating in a day? Getting your macros covered?

You are right about the exercise calories. What I started doing was only put in 2/3 of the time I actually spent exercising so it's a bit more of an accruate number. The values on here are high (twice as high as what my exercise equiptment tells me sometimes).
  • JVonni
    Options
    Ah ok!! Smart idea to break up your weight loss goals!!

If you have 75lbs plus to lose 2lbs per week should work perfectly for you! However, you may not always lose 2lbs per week (might lose more, might lose less).

How much are you eating in a day? Getting your macros covered?

You are right about the exercise calories. What I started doing was only put in 2/3 of the time I actually spent exercising so it's a bit more of an accruate number. The values on here are high (twice as high as what my exercise equiptment tells me sometimes).

That's a great idea about the 2/3 time, I'll start doing that and see if anything changes!
  • JVonni
    Options
    Days after I posted this 'rant', the scale started moving in the opposite direction. Yay for the small victories! Thank you everyone!