Diet

Options
I was just wondering if many people following a certain diet plan besides for using this site and what your thoughts are? I am struggling and looking for some guidance. And if there is a good eating plan out there I would love to hear about it.

Thank you.
Cindy

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    You will find that there are a bazillion "diets" kicking around.

Some of us have tried, at one time or another, pretty much all of them and the sad truth is that over 90% of all "diets" fail because they aren't sustainable. People see spectacular results with some of them initially but unless you reprogram your brain and make a lifestyle change the weight almost invariably comes back (and then some...)

The ones to be most cautious of are the very low calorie diets (ie 1000 cal or less per day) very often a significant portion of the weight loss is lean muscle mass which, in turn, has the undesired effect of reducing the number of calories you need - you can see the potential spiral effect. When you resume eating normally you have massive surplus of calories and the weight magically re-appears.

Eat better (I hate the "eat less" line), increase your level of activity and be patient.