Should I try and make my net 1200 on work out days?

Options
I struggle to bring my net calories up when I have worked out, In fact MFP is set to 1370 per day and I struggle to meet that, should i UP my intake? Or Should I have my net at, at least 1200? Sorry I realise this comes up alot but I'm struggling to figure all the math out!

Thank you in advance =]

Replies

• Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Your net amount needs to be the amount MFP set for you.

MFP basically sets a deficiet to help you lose weight without excercise. So whenever you excercise you need to eat those calories back in order to stay at the number MFP has set for you.

If you have too large of a deficiet you will starve your body of needed calories, macro and micro nutrients, and vitamins, etc.
  • SuperFlo92
    Options
    I see, I'm really struggling with meeting it atm :S
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    Try eating nuts (for protein and fats) and raisins (for carbs)

These are things that ramp up your intake in only small handfulls.

I eat a handfull of cashews every day
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    You should be eating at least your BMR or you are depriving your body of nutrients and calories it needs to function. There's a BMR calculator here under Tools. Check that out and see what your number is. That's what you should be eating. There's a ton of threads on MFP about it. Here's one:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/522858-bmr-question

And another one:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/546227-for-the-500-000-time-eating-more-works
  • SuperFlo92
    Options
    I have a nut allergy or I would ha! Raisins im not too keen on :/
    I know what my BMR is and I never thought it would be so hard to meet a calorie goal!

Thank you for your help :)
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    How about fats? Avocado, olive oil? They are high in calories but good for you and could help you meet your calorie goal. Also protein powder/shakes.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should be NETTING 1200 or more. That's the point. Eat higher fat foods and less diet-y food if you can't manage to eat that much. Netting at least 1200 calories is not that difficult.
  • SuperFlo92
    Options
    I would like to try protein shakes! I have been reading on them for about a month, thinking of going for the PhD Diet Whey? I'm going to try the oil thing thank you =]

I feel absolutley full with my meals so i think ill try the same portions but bump them up a bit calorie wise! Im aware of the 'low fat' trick, I know they pump it with sugar. I analyse lables like crazy in the supermarkets.