Please help so confused

Options
Ok so my diary is confusing me, i eat nowhere near the amount of carbs and fat i should but i eat lots of protein! the thing is i dont want to eat more carbs and fat, i love chicken and tuna and prawns e.c.t

this is todays diary
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/sharnie_0077

how does this look to some of you? ( oh and by the way i know i havent eaten nowhere near enough today but ive not been well (sickness bug yuuuk ))

oh and by the way today is my first day! :smile:

Replies

• huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Welcome - and you are in for a treat if you stay on the BB's too long (VBG).

You can manually change your macros to what you would like them to be under the settings tab. I think they default to 55carbs. A lot of people set them to what they want them to be (I have mine to 40/30/30 but don't care if the carbs are even lower on any given day myself)
  • sharnie_0077
    Options
    BB's VCG?? lol sorry dont understand

do you think protein is more important for weightloss, at the moment my protein is only at 15%!!
  • sharnie_0077
    Options
    ive changed it to 50/25/25 how does that look?
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    bb's= bulletin boards
    VBG = Very Big Grin

I personally think protein is more important than the others to make sure you get enough. Some schools of thought say you don't need any carbs as your body can make what it needs from protein. Pretty hard to avoid them altogether but you will get carbs in fruits and Veggies. You can set that how you like. If you want more protein you could try the 40(carbs) / 30 protein and fat. Again, I would not get too worried if you are missing a few carbs. Just my opinions.
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I would agree protein is more important but as you increase your working out you will need to eat more complex carbs (whole grains) to restore the energy that your body needs to keep up the working out and progress. Not a large amount but I would say the harder the exercise the more complex carbs. For example when I go swim laps for an hour and do general swimming for an hour I burn a little over 1000 calories, so I go home and eat about two cups of whole grain pasta with a a chicken tomato sauce. Hope this helps