what is wrong with me

Options
I've been on vacation this week and staying at my boyfriend's parents house all week to housesit and watch their dogs while they're on vacation. I have been doing pretty good on my workouts like bike riding, running and/or walking with the dogs, running on the treadmill and just running around outside with the dogs in the yard.

But I have gone over on my calories every single day this week. I either blow it the entire day, or I start out logging and doing well, but then I blow it at night. I think partly is because I am off my routine. I haven't been cooking any of my normal meals except one, and his parents have a lot of food in the house that tempts me like pop and M & M's that I don't keep in my house.

Also since we live in an apt, we have been taking advantage of having a house for a week with a yard and a grill, so we've been grilling out a lot this week and last night we had friends over which meant more grilling and pop and beer and roasting marshmallows. But if it helps, there has only been one day that I just took it easy and relaxed all day....every other day I've been running around all day doing errands and such.

I've had a great time this week, but I feel so gross the way I have been eating. I almost can't wait to get back home and back to my routine....but I'm also afraid I won't be able to.....that's I've had a taste of "freedom" and will continue to want to eat this way.

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I've been on vacation this week and staying at my boyfriend's parents house all week to housesit and watch their dogs while they're on vacation. I have been doing pretty good on my workouts like bike riding, running and/or walking with the dogs, running on the treadmill and just running around outside with the dogs in the yard.

But I have gone over on my calories every single day this week. I either blow it the entire day, or I start out logging and doing well, but then I blow it at night. I think partly is because I am off my routine. I haven't been cooking any of my normal meals except one, and his parents have a lot of food in the house that tempts me like pop and M & M's that I don't keep in my house.

Also since we live in an apt, we have been taking advantage of having a house for a week with a yard and a grill, so we've been grilling out a lot this week and last night we had friends over which meant more grilling and pop and beer and roasting marshmallows. But if it helps, there has only been one day that I just took it easy and relaxed all day....every other day I've been running around all day doing errands and such.

I've had a great time this week, but I feel so gross the way I have been eating. I almost can't wait to get back home and back to my routine....but I'm also afraid I won't be able to.....that's I've had a taste of "freedom" and will continue to want to eat this way.

Nope, don't worry, you won't! You've come too far already, and you won't want to undo all that. You'll see, once you're back home, you WILL buckle down again and get right back on track! :smile:
  • Topxgun
    Topxgun Posts: 38
    Options
    Honestly, you just can't keep going over like that. That's all there is to it. I try to plan out what I'm going to eat for the whole day. If I know I'm going out to eat, I eat as little as possible throughout the whole day, just to cushion the huge meal I'll be having later. If I've blown it early on, I just skip what the family is eating for dinner and make myself somethign very low calorie to eat for dinner, and if I go over anyways, I'll exersize extra to make up for it.
  • Jake45
    Jake45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you just can't keep going over like that. That's all there is to it. I try to plan out what I'm going to eat for the whole day. If I know I'm going out to eat, I eat as little as possible throughout the whole day, just to cushion the huge meal I'll be having later. If I've blown it early on, I just skip what the family is eating for dinner and make myself somethign very low calorie to eat for dinner, and if I go over anyways, I'll exersize extra to make up for it.

I agree completely.

The only thing that works for me is to plan my food in advance and stick to the plan.

Recreational eating doesn't work for me any more. Losing weight and keeping it off is a matter of life and death for me.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I have also found it hard to stay on track when outside of my "normal" enviornment. I have faith that you will get back on track when you get back home. Atleast you don't enjoy going back to old eating habits and feel gross - I feel like that too when I eat stuff I know I shouldn't. It does however go to show you that your changing, and thats a great thing!
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with you! You are human just like the rest of us. When we're out of our routine, it affects us. If I'm going to be doing something out of the ordinary, like going out to eat, birthday party, etc. I consciously think ahead and plan my meal out mentally and when I get there, I am much more prepared to do what I should. When you get back home you'll do just fine and get back into your healthy routine, I'm sure. Keep on keeping on!!:happy: