Do you ever binge on healthy food hehe

Options
So normally I'm craming my face with sweets or what have you but today I fixed a bag of steamable sweet peas... I know, I know doesn't sound that great but before you know it almost the whole bag was gone... HAHA I crack myself up... that can't be normal :laugh:

Does anyone else binge on healthy food???

Replies

• hopetobeinshape
    Options
    raw sugar snap peas are my vice....good thing they are so low in cals otherwise I would be in baaaaaaaad shape :laugh:
  • repete11
    repete11 Posts: 53
    Options
    I ate almost an entire bag of grapes yesterday. It started when I left the grocery store and by dinner they were just about gone. Couldn't believe it, they were just so good!
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    watermelon...
  • zanniew
    zanniew Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ohhhh brother. Binging is binging. It could be brussels sprouts, it could be wood chips. It's the hand-to-mouth habit mindlessness that's the problem, not what's in the hand.
  • jcarter0525
    jcarter0525 Posts: 84
    Options
    I binge on watermelon, broccoli, and spinach. I LOVE spinach. I will open a can, warm it in the microwave, and eat the entire thing for dinner....YUM!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    ohhhh brother. Binging is binging. It could be brussels sprouts, it could be wood chips. It's the hand-to-mouth habit mindlessness that's the problem, not what's in the hand.

AMEN!
  • ronkswife2000
    ronkswife2000 Posts: 176
    Options

AMEN!

MAYBE SO BUT AT LEAST IT'S NOT PACKED WITH A MILLION CALORIES LIKE A WHOLE CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    All things in moderation right? I must say however, if your going to binge, better it be sweet peas (yum) than a chocolate bar, right? :flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I binge on watermelon, broccoli, and spinach. I LOVE spinach. I will open a can, warm it in the microwave, and eat the entire thing for dinner....YUM!
    :huh:
    Ok now. There's a vice I need to develop!
    :wink:
    It never happens like that at my house.
    :grumble:
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options

AMEN!

MAYBE SO BUT AT LEAST IT'S NOT PACKED WITH A MILLION CALORIES LIKE A WHOLE CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!

:drinker: :drinker: AMEN! AMEN! Boy, talk about not being able to see the silver lining, huh? I'll take "binging" on peas, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, spinach ANYDAY instead of the fat and calorie riddled foot that is the "norm" for our unhealthy society. I say BRAVO TO ALL HEALTHY BINGERS! BINGE ON!!!!!!!:drinker: :heart: :laugh:
  • Ahmee2034
    Options

:brokenheart: I hope you're not a motivational speaker! :laugh:

Anyway, all opinions are welcomed. We are all here for support, to offer and receive. Welcome newbie. :flowerforyou:
  • ronkswife2000
    ronkswife2000 Posts: 176
    Options

AMEN!

:drinker: :drinker: AMEN! AMEN! Boy, talk about not being able to see the silver lining, huh? I'll take "binging" on peas, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, spinach ANYDAY instead of the fat and calorie riddled foot that is the "norm" for our unhealthy society. I say BRAVO TO ALL HEALTHY BINGERS! BINGE ON!!!!!!!:drinker: :heart: :laugh:

THANKS!!! It's not like I binged on sweet peas and make myself sick to my stomach... and the bag isn't overstuffed with them so it was enough to fill me up and I ate the last little bit this morning... I figured I'd pat myself on the back for binging on a veggie rather than my normal binging before the lifestyle change of candybars! :drinker:
  • smithiekat
    smithiekat Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    hee hee i ate a whole cucumber yesterday. i cut it into slices, and i just kept cutting more slices. i think next time i'll keep it whole and eat it like a big candy bar.
  • Emdog24
    Emdog24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I think I agree with the "binging is binging" mentality, and yes while it is a lot better to binge on peas, watermelon, etc., it is still reinforcing the unhealthy behavior. I think eating healthy is not just about what we eat but the behaviors surrounding eating.

I am NOT knocking anyone for their healthy food/low calorie food binging. I am still trying to deal with this habit myself. I could eat those 10 calories Jellos all day, which is okay for now, but I hope to one day wean myself off of this behavior.
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    Well, if Jello is your "vice" and I were you, I'd have to think twice about binging on that, too! I think if you ask a doctor...ANY DOCTOR... what food is the best thing to "bing eat" with they'll agree with us on the spinach, cucumbers, peas, etc. Just saying...

I'm going binge on a BOTTLE OR TWO OF COLD WATER! :devil: Call the doctor!
  • ronkswife2000
    Options
    Well, if Jello is your "vice" and I were you, I'd have to think twice about binging on that, too! I think if you ask a doctor...ANY DOCTOR... what food is the best thing to "bing eat" with they'll agree with us on the spinach, cucumbers, peas, etc. Just saying...

I LOVE THE WAY YOU THINK! MAYBE I SHOULDN'T HAVE STARTED THIS THREAD... I'M GETTING A LITTLE PISSED! :mad:

Blah, blah, blah binging is binging... that's fine to say if someone is binging on junk... I had 3/4 of a bag of sweat freakin' peas and that's it... nothing else for my snack/dinner. It was very low cal and very healthy...
  • ronkswife2000
    Options

Thanks AHMEE for the back up and support... don't binge to much on that water... you know that mouth to mouth motion might get you LMAO!!!!! :laugh: