In need of more motivational and supportive MFP pals

Options
Hi there. I'm Tamara, a 28 year old virgin (lol.........nah, just kidding) from the beautiful island of wood and water (as it is affectionately called), Jamaica. I joined MFP in September 2011 at 294 lbs and, to date, have lost a cool 37 lbs. When I began, I honestly didn't believe that I could have done it but I did, mainly as a result of the support and *kitten*-whooping that I received from my MFP pals who continuously egged me on, especially when I didn't think I could go anymore.
However, last year Novermber, near to the end of the month, my logging tapered off mainly due to work and other factors. But, I continued to press on with my exercising and better-eating because I had all intentions of returning to MFP and wanted to make my friends proud. And return I did, on March 30th, but started logging yesterday, April 2nd. A couple of my friends were still around but to my dismay, most of them have either not been on in a while or have deactivated their accounts. So, there really wasn't much joy in celebrating my weight-loss with 1 or 2 persons; it's kinda like throwing a party and no-one shows up.....now that's a surprise party. Therefore, I am not feeling as encouraged or excited as I should. These days, when I post a comment, I feel like I'm talking to myself, which, if I wanted to do that I could just lock myself in my room or tweet about it :)
The point is, I am now putting mself back on the MFP market for new pals, motivational pals, kick-my-butt-when-I'm-whining pals, always-got-my-back pals. I am very much the same way so our palship can only be a win-win situation. However, if u'd rather be acquaintaces who are just as supportive and are not afraid to talk ur mind at all times, then that works for me too.
So luvs, please feel free to add me to ur friends list if u think that we can help each other. Please note that, and this is my disclaimer, though I am all for positive reinforcement, I will not sugar-coat the truth, especially when u're eating poorly or whining. So, if all u need is a cheerleader then it's best u move right along because, as we Jamaicans would say, "mi nuh fraid fi talk di tings dem". Translation, I will call u out on ur crap, not because I am trying to be mean but because I care for u and want u to succeed.

Much blessings,
TammyTopaz

Replies

• salesse
    salesse Posts: 11
    Options
    HI Tammy!!
    I would like to have a cheerleader so be nice.. LOL im on the market for new friends tho.. so add me.. from CT :))
    What are you doin so far to help along your progress??