Sushi...good or bad???

Options
Just wondering how good sushi really is for you. It's great to fill me up and it's fairly low calorie but is it really any good for you or is it full of bad stuff i wouldn't be able to spell??
Any info etc is greatly appreciated folks :)

Replies

• AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Yes sushi is very healthy for the most part. The fish not only provides protein that need but also essential oils, nutrients, and Omega-3′s. Also most sushi rolls contain foods that are whole and not processed which is much better for you body. For those of you who are concerned about carbs or are on one of those low carb diets, you can also order sashimi, which is just raw fish without the rice. Sushi is truly an awesome food, and I would definitely recommend anyone include it into their diet.. But try and stay away from the bad sushi's which have fried shrimp, mayonaise ect... in them ;)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    It's not really that low-calorie... Sushi is healthy in moderation, sure, and I know "in moderation" get thrown around a lot... but to eat sushi every day would be overkill. I have it maybe once a week.

I have to say that there are huge differences in the type of sushi you get, too. For instance, a simple roll with yellowfin is vastly different from a shrimp tempura roll with mayonnaise sauce.
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    I eat a lot of sashimi and as long as I go easy on the soy, it doesn't seem to impede my progress. I will eat some sushi now and then, but I try to avoid too much rice.