Warrior Dash - 5k with obstacles and mud!

Options

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I am trying to build up the courage to do ours in July....
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I wish there was one locally - they look like a riot! (and I don't think I'm ready for a Spartan Race yet.....)
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    You don't need training at all. I did one in MD last year. I hadn't train a single day before then. I did it because my boyfriend at the time had signed up for it well before us, so I joined him.

And I had seriously drank almost a whole bottle of Jager the night before. YOU WILL DO GREAT!

Warrior Dash is easy! BUT SUPPPPPPPPPPPER FUN! I'd do it again this year.

errrr have you seen yourself. Thats because your fit!! LOL
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Ohio in June
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Bump! Doing mine in NH in September.
  • EmilyMarieMo
    EmilyMarieMo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    North Texas April 21st!!!!!!!!!! Me and my husband both.... our first one! So excited!!!
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    <
    Just did it over the weekend!!!!!! It was awesome.
  • kali2785
    kali2785 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    June in IL right here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited.. my tips is to keep moving your feet. If you want more extensive training tips, they have some on the website. Pretty useful...
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You don't need training at all. I did one in MD last year. I hadn't train a single day before then. I did it because my boyfriend at the time had signed up for it well before us, so I joined him.

And I had seriously drank almost a whole bottle of Jager the night before. YOU WILL DO GREAT!

Warrior Dash is easy! BUT SUPPPPPPPPPPPER FUN! I'd do it again this year.

errrr have you seen yourself. Thats because your fit!! LOL

That was prior to fit"ness." haha
  • curvatrino
    curvatrino Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about doing the UK one in Yorkshire this year. It looks pretty awesome and it would give me something cool to train for! Anyone in the UK thinking about it too?
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Im doing a few 5k's this summer but the big one is in Sept, its called the freak 5k and it incorporates mud and obstable courses-I am scared and excited all at the same time!
  • watsonsc
    watsonsc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the warrior dash in Michigan in July with a few friends. July in Michigan is super humid, so I'm not looking forward to running in sticky weather. I can't lie; I'm SUPER intimidated. The only race I've done so far was a Turkey Trot for Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to it though :-) After reading the posts here, I plan on wearing knee socks and shorts :-)

Any other tips?
  • EvEboEvie
    EvEboEvie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it by myself in the Ohio II on August 25th. I'm thinking about wearing a Tutu... ;-)
  • JBurger2066
    JBurger2066 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the Warrior Dash yet, but I've done several others including the Original Mud Run, and the Metro Dash. My goal is to do the Spartan Beast course.

I'm not sure how muddy the Warrior Dash gets, but if you run in regular tennis shoes, I'd duct tape them on so they don't get pulled off by the mud. I always wear military style boots because they're easy to run in, typically drain water well (so they don't weigh 10 pounds by the end of the run), and stay on my feet.

These obstacle races are my new obsession! Feel free to add me if you have any questions about how to prepare.

Good luck!
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Running in the London event in June - it seems to be coming round very quickly, eek
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I just did a spartan sprint 2 weekends ago, I'm Dashing on May 19th (DH and I are doing it for our 5th wedding anniversary on our wedding anniversary), and I just signed up for the Tough Mudder in MD on Sept 8. Woot!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/431-obstacle-runs-training-group
  • RunsForFood
    RunsForFood Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Doing the North Texas one April 21st!! YEAH!! Also going to do the Tough Mudder in Austin this October....eek!
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do the one in Louisiana in October!

I did one similar this past weekend, it was my first. That was the most challenging and rewarding thing I have ever done physically. I can't wait to do it again!
  • jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Running for the first time in September in CT! Can't waitttttttttt!!!!!

--
    Follow my FB Fitness Page!
    Be stronger than your excuses: Recipes and inspiration for a healthier life
    www.facebook.com/excusesareeasy
  • neversettle
    neversettle Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Barrie dash in July! Super excited!