Walking while shopping

Options
So I had to run a ton of errands today. I went to 5 different stores, very little driving, and would say out of the 4 1/2 hours I was gone, close to 4 hours were walking. I logged this into my exercise as walking at a slow pace but only put down 3 hours. Do you think this is a fair assesment?

Replies

• msmichael
    msmichael Posts: 21
    Options
    I do that all the time. If I am out gardening or mowing or do lots of errands then I will definately log them into my exercise for the day. I do also try to over estimate my calorie intake and under estimate my exercise. SO to answer you question - Yes I thnk that is a fair assesment :wink:

172964.png
  • melissa1893
    melissa1893 Posts: 16
    Options
    I kinda have the same question. Ive been wearing a pedometer and was out at the Colonial Golf tournament today and did A Lot of Walking! My pedometer said a total of about 5 and a half miles and I would say we were there for about 4 hours. Is it fair to put that in as exercise?
    Im new at this. Today is my first day.
    Thanks,
    Melissa
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I knew I should put something but didn't want to go crazy with it. There is a lot of standing when shopping too so it wasn't all walking and that is why I didn't want to go with the full 4 hours.

Yes I would definitly log 5 1/2 miles as exercise! Just be careful of the energy exertion. If you search for walking on the exercise log, it will give you different speeds.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I did this a couple weeks ago....yes 3 hours of slow pace sounds fair........cause it is exercise and you are moving...you may not be sweating, but your moving more then sitting on your tuckus....so yes. Good for you a bit of calorie burn today.....I need to get my butt back in gear...I have been bad 6 days in a row now....