Cholesterol Non-Scale Victory (NSV)

Options
dadeys1
dadeys1 Posts: 40 Member
The last time I had my cholesterol checked was Dec 10. At that time, it was 269. The doctor asked if I wanted medication or try and lower it with exercise/diet. I chose the exercise/diet route. It took me a while to embrace the concept but last September, I finally went "all in" (and since, so has my wife...thank you dear). I had a follow up today and I'm glad to report all the hard work is paying off. My total cholesterol is 171 and the other levels looked good as well. No cholesterol meds for this guy. I was also happy that I went from 219lbs to 173lbs (46lbs loss) since Dec 10. I'm not quite finished with my journey but I'm getting closer. I will keep focused on the real goal...a healthier me.

Replies

• SherNY
    SherNY Posts: 87
    Options
    Seeing levels getting high like that on my bloodwork is what prompted me to get serious about this whole thing, too. Who wants to have to purchase and eat pills when it can be reversed without! Sure there are tough spots, plateaus, but they key is...press on. :) Congrats on your victories so far and good luck!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Woot woot!!! That's a great accomplishment! You're doing so well and I know you'll be able to reach your goals! :) Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!