5lb lost?

Options
I have been watching what I eat and exercising since April 12, 2011, I try to keep my calories between 1500-1700 and I am exercising 30 minutes - 1 hour 6 times a week. I keep fluctuating between 225-226 .... I started MFP at 230lbs. I was kind of hoping to lose a little more considering I have a lot to lose. Is this considered an ok weight loss? I plan to keep at it but its a little discouraging. Any tips or ideas to help boost the weight loss?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    are you otherwise healthy (ie no hormonal issues, thyroid issues, diabetes, etc?)

are you noticing changes in your measurements?
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    You've been actively trying to lose for a year and have only lost 4-5 lbs??

If that's the case.....sure, I guess any loss is a good loss but that's kind of not much progress for a year. I mean, really, that could just be your body normally fluctuating.

If that's the case, you obviously need to do something different. My first suggestion is stop "trying" and just do it. Don't "try" to keep your calories in a certain range...commit to doing it. Don't "try" to work out daily.......DO IT.
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    It's great that you are making a conscious effort to eat healthy and exercise but I'd be feeling discouraged too if I'd only lost 5lbs in that time.

My start weight on 10th Jan 2012 was 230lbs. I currently weigh 199. I'm eating approx 1400 cals per day, higher on a saturday (my spike day) i exercise 30-60 mins approx 4-5 days a week. A combination of zumba class, walking, my stepper at home. Did the 30 day shred in Feb and just started couch to 5k 2 weeks ago.

Feel free to add me as friend. My food diary is open to friends. There's a lot of improvements I could do there but at the minute I'm concentrating on logging everything and keeping within my cals. I figure as I get smaller I can substitute some of the less healthy stuff with more veg etc.

Good luck.
  • AJR2000
    AJR2000 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sorry that was a typo (haha) I have been eating right and exercising since March 12 2012* not 2011. No health problems other than my weight issues. Claire594 - thank you for your input and congrats on your weight loss so far!
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    April 3rd is today
  • AJR2000
    AJR2000 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    OMG I am losing my mind!!! WOW! I mean March 12, 2012*.
  • miss_september
    Options
    5 pounds in less than a month isn't bad at all! What do you have your goals set at? I started at 230 on mfp back in January, and for the first like 3 weeks the scale didn't budge, however, since then I have a week here and there where I don't lose, but the rest of the time I have been losing 2-3 lbs per week on average. I have my goals set for 2 lbs per week, I don't necessarily eat back my exercise calories, or I didn't when I started except for occasionally, now with my new weight, etc. I eat much more of them back (I don't like being hungry), and I've still been losing (except for last week...which wasn't a good food week anyway, but I didn't gain). Anyway, it might help if you open your diary, then people can see what you are eating and maybe give suggestions. Also, are you working out? Feel free to add me if you'd like =-).