My First Post!

Options
Well, I've been on MFP for 3 months now and I love it! Ive lost 23 lbs and still losing.... until my exercise recently came to a screeching halt due to complications to sciatic nerve going out!!! I never thought I would hate those words come out of a Dr.'s mouth " No exercise for a week!" In my mind Im thinking " Do you know what a week of no exercise can do to a fat girl lol!!"

Well this is my 5th day back to exercising and it is not going so good :( It hurts! ( Im not sure I really know the difference between sore and hurt) but it doesnt feel good! And Im not excited about this!

Before I started my life style change in Feb. I had never been one to exercise or eat healthy so this is all due to going from NO EXERCISE AT ALL to exercising everyday! But (before this little injury) Ive found a new enjoyment in exercise and think its a a must for my new life style change! (Yeah maybe everyday is a little much, but i was excited)

I have a follow up appointment with the Dr next monday and she will decide if PT is needed! (Yeah, NO.. I dont wanna!!! ) But afraid PT is going to be the answer since something is apparently wrong! The pain doesnt seem to be in the lower back area anymore, now it is my thigh and knee..I know of ONE stretching method for the thigh area , so if someone can get me some pointers or advice on sciatic nerve and leg pain friendly stretches, exercises, etc!!

THANK YOU