measuring sticky foods

Options
2»

Replies

• Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    ClassicPeanutPack_web.jpg

Squeezable single serving nut butters, liquid chocolates, honey spreads....

So. Much. Disposable. Packaging :noway:
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I have 3 sets of measuring spoons & 3 of those little "shot glass" style measuring cups that I keep in rotation! Then I have a set of small rubber scrapers. They work awesome for getting into those smaller things.

I've seen those pushup measures, but always wondered if they would work, or be hard to keep clean. Do they disassemble?? That's just me being grossed out though! LOL
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have 3 sets of measuring spoons & 3 of those little "shot glass" style measuring cups that I keep in rotation! Then I have a set of small rubber scrapers. They work awesome for getting into those smaller things.

I've seen those pushup measures, but always wondered if they would work, or be hard to keep clean. Do they disassemble?? That's just me being grossed out though! LOL

The push up ones disassemble, and you're left with the round plastic outer shell, and the plunger. They're actually easier to clean than a regular measuring cup (no digging in the corners with your sponge). And the plunger bit scrapes the sides quite well as you're pushing it out.. so it comes out quite cleanly.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. Right now I'm going with the place the jar on the scale, zero it out and then remove the correct amount theory. That's for a couple of reasons - one of which is limited money for the push cups and the other being once I've measured/weighed things out a few times, I'm usually pretty good with learning the size. I just have to keep remembering to care to measure.
  • LoveAddison
    Options
    if your counting calories you would want to measure everything you eat