I have 220 calories left, what should I have for dinner?

Replies

• yrw2004
    yrw2004 Posts: 1 Member
    I agree. Do a soup and salad meal.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Lots of great ideas in here, thanks I needed that because sometimes I do tend to eat too much during the day and not many calories left by dinner time!
  • Buttercupmcgee
    Buttercupmcgee Posts: 95 Member
    how is it that you only have 220 left yet you didn't REALLY indulge at all? is your calorie target high enough?

I say a 3oz chicken breast (~90-100 calories) over a couple cups spinach (20 calories) 1/2 oz feta (~40 calories) and 1/2 cup black beans (50 calories) ... Drizzle with balsamic vinegar (10 calories) = 210-220 calories

Well, it says:

Goal 1280 Food 1452 Exercise - 427 Net 1025

Am I missing something? Do I secretly have 600 calories left? (...dear god say yes...)

If you're only looking to loss about 10 pounds you should be at dropping 1/2 a week.. your calorie goal should be higher than 1280.
    I'd also suggest a high protein dinner to keep you filled! :)

Oh, it automatically set me up for 1 lb/week I think. I am looking to lose 10 lbs. This is all very confusing!
  • kitkatwag
    kitkatwag Posts: 82 Member
    how is it that you only have 220 left yet you didn't REALLY indulge at all? is your calorie target high enough?

I say a 3oz chicken breast (~90-100 calories) over a couple cups spinach (20 calories) 1/2 oz feta (~40 calories) and 1/2 cup black beans (50 calories) ... Drizzle with balsamic vinegar (10 calories) = 210-220 calories

Well, it says:

Am I missing something? Do I secretly have 600 calories left? (...dear god say yes...)

Sorry hun...you only have 255 left. I say go for the chicken and spinach listed above.
  • Buttercupmcgee
    You all are a wealth of info! The only drawback is now I want to eat everything mentioned here! Thanks so much for the suggestions, I will be adding all of these to my bag of tricks for the future!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,903 Member
    Lol, my dinner is at least 500 calories.............

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    egg white omelet!!! so delicious and low cal. throw in some mushrooms and have baby spinach with kraft free italian caesar dressing (only 20 cals, no fat)
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    I ate pretty well today--a 130 cal bag of pirates booty (teehee) was my main indulgence. I also did zumba. And yet I have 220 calories left for dinner--including exercise cals.

Last night I had fish and veggies, so that's out. Anyone have any other filling, low cal dinner ideas for me?

Half a cup of chicken breast diced, grilled cherry tomatoes, a teaspoon of evoo, half a cup cooked pasta of your choice, half a cup grilled zuchinni, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper AND DONE! BAM!
  • how is it that you only have 220 left yet you didn't REALLY indulge at all? is your calorie target high enough?

Well, it says:

if your net is currently at 1025 and your goal is 1280 then you actually have 255.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Re-set your MFP settings so you can have more than 1200 cals. If you're famished- well, chances are you're set too low for your goals. Re-set to lose .5 lbs a week. Also make sure your activity level is set correctly. Then you'll have enough room to fuel yourself properly.

This can be done under the 'Goals' heading under "My Home".
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,805 Member
    More calories.
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    -Three eggs, scrambled with 2 tablespoons salsa. It's a favorite breakfast of mine, and exactly 220 calories with the salsa I buy.

-A chicken breast with a salad (stick to lettuce and a light dressing).

-Soup. Progresso makes a lot that are under 200 calories a can and pretty tasty.
  • Buttercupmcgee
    Re-set your MFP settings so you can have more than 1200 cals. If you're famished- well, chances are you're set too low for your goals. Re-set to lose .5 lbs a week. Also make sure your activity level is set correctly. Then you'll have enough room to fuel yourself properly.

What should my activity level be if I have a desk job but walk to and from the subway, 10 minutes each way plus about 100 stairs? I have it at sedentary.
  • Sgtbert
    Sgtbert Posts: 1 Member
    With the right ingredients, it's possible to make a small milkshake for under 220. Gotta be homemade, though - FroYo and skim milk. And milkshakes are filling, too. Not a good idea every day, however.
  • Buttercupmcgee

Well, it says:

if your net is currently at 1025 and your goal is 1280 then you actually have 255.

As I mentioned, I later added in some subway walking/stair climbing action in a fit of desperation. I don't usually add in my commute since it's minimal-ish.
  • When I have low calories left I usually opt for 3 - 4 oz of chicken breast cut up and cooked in worchestershire sauce and a side of broccoli. :)
  • 3-1/2 pounds of lettuce.

Season with Salt and Pepper.

Enjoy.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Have a cheeseburger, but for god's sake, don't tell anyone!

haha jk.

1200 is pretty low, you may want to increase it as others have suggested.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member

What should my activity level be if I have a desk job but walk to and from the subway, 10 minutes each way plus about 100 stairs? I have it at sedentary.

Sedentary isn't just your job- it's also after work. I find TDEE calculators such as the one on Fitness Frog to be more helpful. Try the calorie counter- then you can adjust MFP to fit it.
    http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/calorie-calculator.html
  • Ohsilentheart
    Ohsilentheart Posts: 24 Member
    bump