Growing hair long....

Options

Replies

• k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Everyone always says trim, when I had my trimmed regularly it barely grew, when I went 4 years without a single trim it grew like a weed.
    I lost all mine in October, it was growing sooo slowly, started taking HSN-W by nature's sunshine, and it's growing an inch a month now. I've also been improving my diet, which I know helps, but my mother started taking it January and hers has been doing better than ever as well.
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Trim more! It grows faster after a trim.

This sounds crazy, but it's true! Kinda like the eat more to lose thing ~ I find that to be true as well!

Also, I think hair tends to grow more when it's warm. I know mine does.

It prevents split ends and breakage, but does nothing to change the growth rate.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Get pregnant. It worked great for a friend of mine.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Get pregnant....my sisters hair grew almost fast enough to watch. :wink: Maybe it was the prenatal vitamins? I have always heard vitamins help alot.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a head massage - better yet, get Channing Tatum to rub your scalp.

i would rub his scalp if he let me.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy, take vitamins, use a conditioner that prevents split ends/breakage, and trim it like you said so it looks nice.

edit: by the way it has taken me 5 years to go from very very short hair (above my ears basically) to teh length I have today.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    The better I treat my hair (high-quality products, don't over-do heat styling), the less the stylist needs to take off during trims!

I also take fish oil and it seems to have improved my hair, but I was curious about the hair/nail specific formulas.
  • elelat
    elelat Posts: 117
    Options
    If you want it to grow fast you have to cut it on the first quarter of the lunar phase...

if you want it to grow slow and strong cut it on the last quarter of the lunar phase..

That's what grandma says!!!... I always cut it on last quarter, and my nails too... And I have always had a lot of hair.

:D
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

This sounds crazy, but it's true! Kinda like the eat more to lose thing ~ I find that to be true as well!

It prevents split ends and breakage, but does nothing to change the growth rate.

No, it doesn't change the growth rate, but it insures that what grows stays there...
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I recommend switching shampoos and conditioners to sulfate free. I use Deva Curl and love it. I also don't wash my hair every day. My hair is slowly but surely growing back, but since switching shampoos it started growing about a 1/2 inch/month. Pregnancy has made it grow even faster (1 inch/month) but I don't recommend getting pregnant unless you first and foremost want a baby (lol).

I have heard about this product called Ovation Cell therapy but I have not myself used it. Always google independent product reviews with any new product before purchasing.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Get pregnant. It worked great for a friend of mine.

I'd totally have your gingery baby... RAWR!
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gettingthinandfit
    Options
    My hair grows super fast. You just need to take care of it, and put effort into making it super healthy. Use healthy product, don't use heat on it excessively. Put moisture rich product on your ends, trim regularly. And getting enough vitamins is important. Lots of breakage makes it impossible to maintain long strands, and you need a lot of long strands for overall longer hair! If you want names of some good products just message me :)
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Never cut it.

Never blow dry it.

Eat well. Plenty of essential fatty acids... flax oil, hemp oil, raw nuts/seeds, avocados.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    My mom and aunt and a friend of mine are all hair derssers....Trim it more than twice a year...the more often you get a trim, the less split ends you will have...when you get split ends, it sort of stunts the hair growth. many people don't think it helps, but it really does...also, over brushing can cause damage, and don't condition every day, only every other!
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options

No, it doesn't change the growth rate, but it insures that what grows stays there...

That's sort of what I was getting at.
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options

Okay - well, I stand corrected then.

I will say that MY hair grows REALLY fast, strong, shiny and healthy. I get it trimmed every 3 or 4 months.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Per this thread you have been advised to:

1. Never cut your hair.
    2. Cut it on the first quarter of the lunar phase for speed
    3. Cut it on the last quarter of the lunar phase for strength
    4. Cut it regularly.

I love you magical interwebs!!!!!!
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm also growing mine out... I don't do anything fancy, I just avoid 'dying and frying' it, only wash it a few times a week, condition a lot, eat enough (emphasis on protein and fat), exercise a lot, and drink a lot of water. My hair grows pretty steady at around 7-8" a year, and is super healthy.

I don't get trims unless I need them - but since I don't really damage my hair I don't have split ends often at all.

No idea if any of that stuff I do has a big effect, I think hair growth is mostly about health, time and genetics... and avoiding damaging heat treatments.... We just have to be patient. :flowerforyou: