Longevity Calculator - How long are you going to live?

Options

Replies

• Bpothik13
    Bpothik13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Said I will live to be 86, which isnt too shabby, given that my parents died relatively young (Mom was 71 and Dad was 62).

Was wondering why they did not take into account family longevity...my maternal grandmother was almost 101 when she died...would expect that to have some kind of bearing on my average.
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Apparently, I'll live to be 93. :drinker:
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    85, if I move to Ontario!
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    Based on what you have entered your estimated life expectancy is: 83 years
    Your largest modifiable risk factor is: Diet

Intriguing, though I still don't think I'll live to >60 years.
  • ChocMich
    ChocMich Posts: 23
    Options
    92 for me.

It has a few issues though. My postal code is in Manitoba yet it does a risk factor at the bottom "compared to the rest of Ontario". Then again, the calculator itself is put out by Ontario Health, so that might explain it.
  • BenBz
    BenBz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just so you're aware, when I went to this link my anti virus went nuts. I'd click at your own risk.
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I don't think it really accounts for enough variables though. Like family history of disease etc.
    Fun though. Apparently i don't need to change anything :)
  • Monti_e_lmt
    Monti_e_lmt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna live to 80 which is fine with me. I don't wanna live into my 90's nobody is going to change my diaper :/
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    For me:

Based on what you have entered your estimated life expectancy is: 91 years
    Your largest modifiable risk factor is: None
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    83 if I move to Canada. My life expectancy is a lottery while I continue to live in SE London :laugh:
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    91...it said I need more fruits and veggies, but if I'm gonna live to that age on the amount I eat now, it's still not bad.
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Mine is 91. Woo hoo!

Thanks for sharing that, much appreciated.

It's nice that it's Canadian too...even if it is based only on Ontario. Nice to have stats close to home.

Cheers!:flowerforyou:
  • ahubacek
    ahubacek Posts: 135
    Options
    Based on what you have entered your estimated life expectancy is: 92 years
    Your largest modifiable risk factor is: Diet

This only 93. Guess I need to learn to like carrots. I bet I could mix them into smoothies....
  • newmommynewfitme
    Options
    Based on what you have entered your estimated life expectancy is: 93 years
    Your largest modifiable risk factor is: None
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I got 95. I just used a Canadian zip code. I don't drink much because I have low tolerance. :D

Who knows it could be possible. I have/had 3 great aunts reach 100. My granddad died at 91 but he was depressed because my grandmother had died five years earlier. I am sure who could have lived longer if he had the will to live. My grandmothers died early, Maternal at 83 of diabetes and stroke (her sister and brother are well into their late 90s now). Paternal dies at 78 of Alzheimer's.

A have a few more 90+ great uncles and aunts.
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Mine is 88. I just left the postal code spot blank.
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    85..... it said my "largest modifiable risk factor" is my diet. I don't know what's wrong with my diet according to the questions it asked me. 26 servings of fruit or vegetables in the last week. That's not bad...
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    94 if I drink what I normally do, not what I drank last week (then it would be 91).
    I find that pretty unlikely - family history makes me think somewhere between 70 - 85 would be more realistic.

But I'm not sure if my lack of ice hocky recreation skewed the numbers. There aren't many opportunities for that in my part of the world.
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options

Entirely possible - average age at death on my dad's side of the family (which is the side I take after) is 94 - and they were still dancing, gardening, driving - living life - then one massive stroke and out like a candle. Sounds good to me!