Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Thigh blisters and chafing

Hi - this is super embarrassing and i almost want to hide my pic as I post this but I'm really frustrated and would like some help. I have this perpetual problem with thigh blistering and chafing. I use the bodyglide when i work out and that helps a bit but it'll still happen at random times, usually when I walk, but not even a long distance.

Anyway, I went to the store today and walked around for 10 min or so. And I got a new thigh blister about 2 hrs later! Doesn't always happen, just at random, annoying moments. WORST part is that Tuesday is my big workout day, I burn the big chunk of my cals today. But now that I have this blister I don't want to go and suffer the pain in addition to the difficulty of the workout. And it is sooooooo frustrating bc i really was in the mindset to workout and now I'm stressed I'll make this blister worse and I don't want to go anymore just for that reason, bc once the blister gets bad I can barely walk, much less work out. And I've tried powder in the past w/no success. Any ideas? Would you go workout even if it made your blister worse?

Replies

• maricash
    maricash Posts: 280 Member
    You could try using moleskin. It's made for foot blisters, but it might work elsewhere. I use it whenever I'm breaking in new shoes.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,810 Member
    I use bodyglide as well, and I even use it when I'm not working out. I almost always wear it when I wear a skirt or a dress for that very reason. One idea could be to cover the blister with a large band aid? I've done that before just to keep it from getting irritated. A band aid or gauze with medical tape to hold it in place. Might look funny, but I'd rather be comfortable! Oh, and I put Aquaphor by Eucerin on any chaffing I have and it usually does the trick :)
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Do you think maybe wrapping a bandage or gauze kind of tightly around your thigh, covering the blister, might prevent more chafing? Maybe you could work out if the skin won't rub?

It sounds awful! I hope you can find a solution! :)
  • sshipman18
    sshipman18 Posts: 2 Member
    My thighs rub and they get very sore. The only thing I have found that stops it is wearing leggings. Since I workout at home, I just wear them as pants but you can wear them under shorts. Don't know if you have tried that or not.
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    are you wearing long enough shorts? i have to wear men's basketball shorts because they're the only things long enough to keep me from suffering from chub rub.
    i wouldn't work out if you're afraid of the blister getting worse. maybe do an upper body workout instead.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Maybe compression shorts? If you don't want to wear shorts to work out, they are so form fitting you could wear them under your workout pants.
  • KC4800
    KC4800 Posts: 140 Member
    Have you ever tried wearing bicycle compression shorts? The kind with the padding in the butt for the bicycle seat. They are made of slippery material, lycra I think.
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Have you tried compression pants? You could wear something over them.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    I have to wear capris (champion yoga capris are my favorite) when I work out because shorts ride up and I chafe too. I can't walk for long distances in nylons either, because of this problem.. it's SO Bad! It's gotten to the point of bleeding before, but since I started wearing knee length or longer capris, they are much less frequent.
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    I would try bodyglide or Anti-monkey Butt. I'm not even making that up! I kind of want some just to put on my shelf in the bathroom.

http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/index.php?submenu=Home&src=
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    I have worn tights under dresses too. I hate that rubbing feeling. I have never used body glide, but just cake on some deodorant. But I agree the tights are everywhere and easy to buy or replace!

Have you considered talking to your doctor?
  • Sunbeam0904
    Sunbeam0904 Posts: 53 Member
    Thanks everybody - I'll try the tights/shorts, just feeling down about it really. I hate when this stands in my way of working out. It has been since I gained the last 75 lbs I came on here to get rid of. i guess I'll just have to deal with it till my thighs get smaller.
  • bhall33
    bhall33 Posts: 55 Member
    I'm a guy, but we get thigh chafing to sometimes. Well I did when I first started, I used body glide and it didn't always work. They didn't stop until I got my self decent pair of sport boxers to wear.

These are the ones I wear: http://www.underarmour.com/shop/ca/en/pid1209291-001

I know they are guys boxers but If they are under your shorts, who would know! They are like compression shorts just way cheaper!
  • I put baby powder on my thighs and wear leggings to avoid the evil chub rub.
  • I'm new to the site, but happened to see this post and I had to tell you about this awesome solution to the thigh chafing. The website is http://www.thighslides.com. I tried the powders, the Body Glide, Vaseline and anything else I could find. This was the first thing I found that works. Let me know what you think. I haven't had any thigh chafing since I got these. :-) I hate "chub rub"...it hurts!
    Renee
  • kschmi24
    kschmi24 Posts: 59 Member
    This happens to me when I wear dresses or skirts. I wear biking shorts underneath if I'm going to be moving around a lot.
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    put some diaper rash cream on the blister. It will make it feel better and it will heal faster
  • April4th
    April4th Posts: 140 Member
    I read a tip in "First" magazine to use solid deodorant on your thighs. I tried it and it works! I was so excited, I started wearing dresses again to work.
  • Talc/baby powder and leggings work for me.
  • macflyer516
    macflyer516 Posts: 3 Member
    +1 on the Underarmor shorts/underwear or some sort of compression legging.