BEST readily found protein bar?

Options
2»

Replies

• mdorman8313
    mdorman8313 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The ONLY nutrition bars that I've ever liked are the Dark Chocolate Zone Perfect and Dark Chocolate Almond Zone Perfect Bar. No other bars I've had taste good, but these are wonderful! Just like a candy bar. While I know that they're not the best to eat ALL the time, when you need to eat something, it's a great alternative to a Snickers or Reeses or Milky Way or.....well, you catch my drift.

This may not be the kind of bar you're looking for, but I find mine at Sam's Club or Walmart.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Beef Jerkey!
  • cassblue21
    cassblue21 Posts: 207
    Options
    I am with the others on the Pure Protein Bars. While they do not taste like bacon and eggs (why they don't make a protein bar that tastes like bacon is way beyond me) they are pretty tasty and very filling. As long as you drink them with the recommended amount of water, which is 8oz. And sometimes I drink milk with mine. :)
  • FitFoodieMomBillie
    FitFoodieMomBillie Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have found that I like a combination; I like pure protein bars as my go to, but will reach for a zone perfect when I am feeling snack-y (better than chips and such!) and will get the cliff builder's chocolate mint (tastes like crushed oreos and andes mint) for after dinner snack.

The pure protein and the cliff builder each have 20g of protein, nut the cliff builder is higher in carbs and sugars - which is why it can satiate a sweet tooth ;) The zone perfect bars have about 9-15 g of protein, but better than a chocolate bar, so take what you can get!
  • jocelyn_martin
    Options
    Pure Protein Revolution - Chocolate Peanut Caramel :love: Tastes just like a Snickers bar!

180 Calories
    20g Protein
    1g Sugar
    6g Fat
    150mg Sodium
    17g Carbs

Whether or not this taste like Snicker's bar is a matter of personal opinion. I disagree, but I must say for a protein bar it is one of the more tasty one's I've tried. My concern with most bars is that while the protein is high...so is the sugar usually. This one above however is probably the best you're gonna get.
  • ksquared0710
    ksquared0710 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    CLIF!!! Chocolate are the best tasting followed by the pb ones! Lots o protein!
  • rbbrrmqn
    rbbrrmqn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I really want to know where people get the protein bars/shakes that are nasty. I have never had a nasty protein powder/shake and only 1 power bar brand bar that was nasty.

NO BUT REALLY. Let me know what they are so I can try them.

Most protein bars at gas stations or whatever are Clif, Power Bars, and Boulder Bars.

*Oh, but my favorite are Boulder Bars. All of them are good. They are high carb, but its a 'energy' bar. I'm not concerned with carbs so I don't really care but some do.

http://www.mesaaz.gov/fire/wellness/pdf/nutritionbarcomparisonchart.pdf

^Check that out. Find which one is what you are looking for.
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Not sure if these 2 have been suggested (just "fast-fowarded to page 2) :)

GNC Pro-Crunch Lite

and NutriWise (they have different flavors that you don't normally find)- purchase online at: doctorsbestweightloss.com

and everyone that I have found is under 200cals
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Best one I know of that's pretty much available anywhere, is Pure Protein. I use Clif Builder Bars. I buy them at Target, Kroger, Whole Foods. Pure Protein is sold at CVS and some gas stations.
  • monalirog
    Options
    Most protain bar taste nasty, but here are a few that are not so bad.
    Cliff Builder Bar
    Labrada Lean Body Gold Bars
    Promax Bar by Promax
    Optimum Nutrition Protein Diet Bars
    Pure Protein Bars by Worldwide
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, Cliff bars and Luna bars are overrated because of how many carbs they contain.

I'm a fan of:

~ 'Think Thin' protein bars b/c they have 0g sugar and 20g protein.
    ~ 'Greens Plus' protein bars
    ~ 'PureFit' protein bars

Those are my top favourites

Carbs aren't the devil. a person can't survive on protein alone.
  • Alternadi
    Alternadi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I really like the KIND bars I get at Starbucks so I went to their website http://www.kindsnacks.com :wink: :wink: :smile: and found this bar: PEANUT BUTTER DARK CHOCOLATE + PROTEIN is a decadent blend of peanuts and antioxidant-rich dark chocolate that delivers 7g of protein in each bar. This is the perfect way to satisfy a sweet tooth with only 200 calories.!”.
    Ingredients : Mixed nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts, macadamias, cashew, brazil nuts), dark chocolate (sugar, palm kernel oil, cocoa powder, soy lecithin, milk powder), soy crisps (soy protein isolate, tapioca starch, salt), honey, non GMO glucose, chicory fiber, soy lecithin, natural flavors.
    Vitamins and Minerals : Vitamin A (0% DV), Vitamin C (0% DV), Calcium (4% DV), Iron (10% DV).
    Serving Size : 1 Bar (40g) Calories : 200 Fat Calories : 120 Total Fat : 13g Saturated Fat : 3.5g Trans Fat : 0g Cholesterol : 0g
    Sodium : 50mg Potassium : 170mg Total Carb : 17g Dietary Fiber : 3g Sugars : 10g Protein : 7g
    Not sure how it compares to other bars but I can order them online and every flavor I have tried tastes great.
    Good Luck. :smile:
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I'm a fan of the Clif Builder Protein bars (20 grams per bar I think). I only like the chocolate peanut butter one though.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I really like the KIND bars I get at Starbucks so I went to their website http://www.kindsnacks.com :wink: :wink: :smile: and found this bar: PEANUT BUTTER DARK CHOCOLATE + PROTEIN is a decadent blend of peanuts and antioxidant-rich dark chocolate that delivers 7g of protein in each bar. This is the perfect way to satisfy a sweet tooth with only 200 calories.!”.
    Ingredients : Mixed nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts, macadamias, cashew, brazil nuts), dark chocolate (sugar, palm kernel oil, cocoa powder, soy lecithin, milk powder), soy crisps (soy protein isolate, tapioca starch, salt), honey, non GMO glucose, chicory fiber, soy lecithin, natural flavors.
    Vitamins and Minerals : Vitamin A (0% DV), Vitamin C (0% DV), Calcium (4% DV), Iron (10% DV).
    Serving Size : 1 Bar (40g) Calories : 200 Fat Calories : 120 Total Fat : 13g Saturated Fat : 3.5g Trans Fat : 0g Cholesterol : 0g
    Sodium : 50mg Potassium : 170mg Total Carb : 17g Dietary Fiber : 3g Sugars : 10g Protein : 7g
    Not sure how it compares to other bars but I can order them online and every flavor I have tried tastes great.
    Good Luck. :smile:

These are really yummy as well!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    For taste: Slim Fast meal bars (Choc. Chip Cookie Dough) taste like candy bars and fill me up-- I keep them on hand for days I'm unable to get away from my desk for lunch. Clif are also good if you get the right flavour (Choc. Mint if you ask me-- hello, Thin Mints!).

I've also had a wafer-ish one from Trader Joe's that was downright delicious, but I'm not entirely sure of the brand. I think it may have been Power Crunch or Oh Yeah ?
  • jeffarthur
    jeffarthur Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    ran into Duane reade and grabbed 4 protein shakes and a mix of bars (based on everyones advice)...now comes the taste test. Thanks all!