New and at my breaking point!

Options
Hello All,

I have lost and gained HUNDREDS of pounds. I'm in my forties, I know what to do....I just can't seem to do it right----KEEP OFF THE WEIGHT! I know that I am an emotional eater and I just can't stop it. I am hoping that this website will help me through this journey!::sad: :sad:

Replies

• weasleman42
    weasleman42 Posts: 90
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! One of the great benefits of this site is helping you to get into the habit of tracking what you eat and portion sizes. I have been overweight since college. Since starting this year, I have realized my portion sizes have always been too large. At first, this was hard to accept. Now, my mind and body know that I don't need to eat until I am stuffed. I wish you all the best.
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Welcome!!! I have 160 lbs to lose myself, so I know what you're feeling. This website has helped me out even over the past few days and I am feeling absolutely great! I've found that really sticking to eating 5-6 times a day I am never hungry, except when I wake up in the morning, but you have to figure if you don't eat past 7-8pm, its a good 10-12 hrs you haven't eaten, so it's to be expected. Just make sure to incorporate lots of fresh fruits/veggies, whole grains and good sources of proteins!
  • sassekel
    sassekel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    welcome:flowerforyou: Hang in there and keep trying! use the food diary, plan what your going to eat and do your best to stick to it. When you feel like emotional eating is going to hit, go for a walk/ or any kind of exercise.
    good luck:drinker:
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    You can do this. There is so much support and motivation in these threads - if you use them to your benefit - you can overcome this. I am an emotional eater but with the help and support of a lot of posts, I am at most times overcoming it or winning the battle. Come and read through the thread T.H.E. (TRYING HARD EVERYDAY) Team - week 17 under motivation and support. A lot of good good helpful women and a few men that pop in every once in a while are there. Without them, I am not for sure I would have gotten as far as I have. Hope to see you on that thread.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site. I do. This site is so motivational, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so great here. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • 4Maria
    4Maria Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks to all of my "well wishers"....I really do appreciate it. I don't feel so alone. I like being accountable to myself and documenting each step of this journey. I think this will be key! I look forward to checking in, hopefully with good news!

:laugh:

Maria